Disclaimer: I’m obsessed with happy hours. I find myself in kind of a rut sometimes. I like to go to a place I know and one that I know the menu (and prices). So, I wound up going to the same place over and over again. BORING. Here are 5 $5 happy hours that are now in my rotation:
1. Americas. 2040 West Gray, Ste 200. The one that was the rut. I love love love this one. Lobster corn dogs, fish tacos, empanadas plus craft cocktails and wine. HH is only at the bar and cocktail tables, but you can set on the patio too (be prepared for slower service).
2. Peli Peli. 5085 Westheimer Rd Ste B2515. New obsession. The plates are small and the drinks are strong. Maybe do some drunk shopping after? What’s awesome is this HH is from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. DAILY. See you Saturday, Peli.
3. Doc’s. 1303 Westheimer Rd. Doc’s is chill af (like its Austin sister). It’s first and foremost a bar, right in the middle of all the trendy Montrose bars, so it’s a great way to start the night. HH goes until 8 p.m. for all you late workers.
4. Dish Society. 5740 San Felipe St. Also known for its brunch, Dish Society is pretty casual but trendy. Its “Social Hour” is 3:30 to 6:30 and doesn’t have a ton of dining options. So, don’t prepare to get stuffed from there. BUT, the dinner menu is pretty cheap if you want to hang around for something of substance.
5. Mockingbird Bistro. 1985 Welch at McDuffie. CLOSED. Gonna be frank… I’ve never tried this one, but I’m excited to! The menu looks solid and the location is pretty central. These are my priorities.
Pingback: A Few of Our Favorite Things: December | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog
Pingback: Be a Member of the Chef’s Club Houston | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog
Pingback: 5 More $5 Happy Hours | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog