Happy summer, everyone! We’ve officially launched our #ItsNotHouzie contest and that means loads of prizes for going around town (or the world) and featuring our koozie in your instagram posts! All the contest details and prizes are here. Highly recommend taking that koozie to one of these amazing events…
Rest of the month
- Jennifer Lopez at the Toyota Center: Tuesday, June 25, at 7 pm. Jenny from the block is coming to Houston! IT’S MY PARTY.
- Tree House Happy Hour at The Grove: Tuesday, June 25, from 4 to 7 pm. Catch The Grove’s usual happy hour drink specials and bar bites to the upstairs patio, which is typically reserved for private events. Beat the heat with select beers ($3), cocktails ($6) or a refreshing glass of house rose ($5) and nosh on shrimp corndogs ($6), bell pepper hummus ($8), and truffle fries with smoked garlic aioli ($5 small, $10 large). Standard Happy Hour is offered Monday-Friday from 4-7pm in the restaurant bar and patio. PS. We’ll be out there! Come grab a koozie! BE THERE!
- Whiskey Wednesday at Bosscat Kitchen & Libations: Wednesday, June 26, from 7 to 9 pm. Get the VIP treatment with WhistlePig whiskey and yummy Bosscat bites. RYE NOT?
- Music on the MFAH Plaza: Friday, June 28, 6 to 8 pm. Enjoy an evening of art and music on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This summer series creates synergy between different art forms and celebrates Houston’s vibrant arts scene with live music, demonstrations by artists and performers, and hands-on art-making experiences led by MFAH staff members. Each event also includes food vendors and a cash bar. EVENINGS OUT.
- Icons of Style: A Century of Fashion Photography: Sunday, June 23, through Sept. 22. at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. More than 200 photographs by famous practitioners and lesser-known, yet influential artists present a broad and diverse perspective on fashion photography and its trajectory from niche industry to powerful cultural force. The exhibition surveys the gradual recognition of fashion photography as an art form. WEARABLE ART.
- The #ItsNotHouzie Contest Begins! Saturday, June 1, to July 31. SHOW US YOUR SUMMER! Over 10 prizes valued at $50 and up are on the line! #ItsNotHouzie
- FOMO Factory Opens: Friday, June 7. All the school time memories in this cutie Instagram heaven. BACK 2 SKOOL.
- “Three Musketeers” at the Alley Theatre: Friday, May 31, to June 30. A classic French historical adventure. OUI, OUI!
- Third Thursday Bingo Nights at Market Square Park: Every 3rd Thursday from May to October. Do you feel lucky, punk? DO YOU?
- Uptown Dine All Around: Starting Saturday, June 1 and running through Sunday, June 30, the second annual Uptown Dine Around will offer special prices and menu items at a 19+ Uptown Houston restaurants, from fine dining to fast casual. Participating restaurants include Blanco’s Tacos & Tequila, Bloom & Bee, Fig & Olive, Peli Peli, Yauatcha and many more.
Darn, missed these!
- Rooney at House of Blues: Sunday, June 2, at 7 pm. Love this rock band, and yes, it’s the guy from The Princess Diaries. I’M SH-SH-SHAKIN’.
- Mythbusting Love at HumanHQ: June 5, 6:30pm Head over to the new HumanHQ, for an evening of beautiful company and discussion on societal perspectives on the topic of love. We’ll be getting deep into discussion on myths about love and challenge notions we have when it comes to the romantic aspect of our lives. This talk is facilitated by our expert leaders in the area of marriage and relationships so you can expect dialogue to be as fascinating as it is informative! We’ll be speaking on creating intimacy, deepening commitment, and romantic passion. You’ll leave with a better understanding of how to cultivate these elements into future and established relationships alike. Click here to register.
- #ItsNotHouzie Launch Happy Hour: Friday, June 7, from 5 to 7 pm, at Axis and Alibi. Free drink and a koozie! Let’s celebrate the launch of this fab contest. CHEERS!
- Texas Monthly Live: Friday, June 7, at 7 pm, at The Wortham Center. Texas Monthly LIVE is returning for a second season! Attendees will experience a live issue of the magazine reimagined for a theater audience. Mixing music, video, and narration, this special ninety-minute performance takes audience members on a storytelling journey they’ll never forget. Texas Monthly LIVE features performances curated by the magazine’s editors that showcase the rich tapestry of our state, and it’s all hosted by beloved advice columnist the Texanist. Be our guest as we explore the sights, sounds, and feelings of Texas. GO TEXAS.
- Picked Flower Co.’s Grand Opening: Saturday, June 8, starting at 10 am at their store (1120 W 15th 1/2). First person there gets a bouquet! Plus meet the gals behind the cutie truck and new store! GET PICKED.
- Best Friends Day at Hotel Derek: Saturday, June 8, from 1 to 5 pm. In honor of National Rosé Day Hotel Derek is partnering up with BABE Rosé for a Rosé All Day Pool party. Enjoy SPLASH pool, music, games, door prizes, rosé and more! Cost – $25+ that includes admission to the party and self-parking for 1 vehicle. To RSVP go to HDH-Sales@destinationhotels.com or via phone 713-297-4327.
- “The Merry Widow” at the Houston Ballet: Friday, May 31, to June 9. Love triangles, rekindled romances, and some incredible set designs. This ballet is absolutely gorgeous! Tickets start at $25 and you can get HALF OFF (!!!) with the code “4206” — making amazing orchestra-level tickets just $40!! PLIER AWAY.
- HTX Outdoors meet and greet (and eat!): Thursday, June 13, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Beck’s Prime in Memorial Park. Learn about the organization and making friends through outdoor adventures. GREAT OUTDOORS.
- Canditopia Opens: Friday, June 14. Sweet dreams are made of these! A candy exhibit — you read that right — is coming to town. SWEET LIFE.
- Special Dinner with The Wheel Kitchen: Friday, June 14. Broken Barrel and The Wheel Kitchen collaborate for a one-night-only dining experience that melds Broken Barrel’s vibrant approach to global dishes with The Wheel’s modern take on Mediterranean cuisine. YUM!
- Local Brews Local Grooves: Saturday, June 15, at 3 pm, at House of Blues. The ultimate craft beer and music festival returns featuring 20 local craft breweries, more than 40 beers and rare releases, 16 local bands and DJs, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more on Saturday, June 15 beginning at 3 p.m. One ticket grants entrance into the event with access to the Music Hall, Foundation Room, and House of Blues Restaurant & Bar. Tickets and packages range $10 – $35, and are on sale now at Live Nation. GET ‘EM.
- A Date with Laughter: Saturday, June 15, at 8 pm, at Revention Music Center. Houston in Concert Against Hate is ADL Southwest’s annual celebration of the Houston community’s commitment to stand up against hate and embrace diversity. This year, ADL is bringing together the City of Houston to remind everyone to stop, smile, and enjoy a Date with Laughter! And the headliner….. SNL’s COLIN JOST!! BRB fangirling. Get $50 off your ticket with the code “ITSNOTHOULAUGHS”! COMEDY 4 A CAUSE.
Armadillo Live: Wednesday, June 18, from 6:30 to 11 pm. This new monthly concert series at Armadillo Palace will surely be a rootin’, tootin’ good time. YEEHAW.
Twenty One Pilots at the Toyota Center: Friday, June 21, at 6 pm. This will be a fun one — and you’ll realize you knew more lyrics than you thought! STRESSED OUT.
Girls Night Out: Friday, June 21, and Saturday, June 22. (Family day is June 23!) #GirlsNightOut is an immersive, interactive pop-up event bringing the world of Insta fame to everyone, regardless of follower count. Click here for a sneak peek! Now in its fourth year, the ever-evolving and expanding experience is an enclave of pampering and fun that brings out every woman’s inner star with some girl talk and TLC. Of course, no Insta experience would be complete without hair and makeup touchups, craft cocktails, gourmet bites and edible art. GO GNO!
Houston Pride Festival: Saturday, June 22. Festival, parade, and after party — all in honor of PRide Month and honoring members of the LGBTQ community. PRIDE OR DIE.
Summer Solstice Block Party: Saturday, June 22, 5-8 pm. Enjoy the summer sun with small bites, designer fashion, and plenty of fun at the Summer Solstice Block Party hosted by The Webster and Yauatcha. SUMMER FUN.
Hot Undies Run: Saturday, June 22, at Little Woodrow’s in Rice Village. This fun run benefits Girls on the Run Houston — such a great cause. Admission gets you two free beers, and you get $5 off with code “itsnothouitsme”! LET’S RUN.
Trevor Noah at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion: Saturday, June 22, at 6:30 pm. Our favorite South African is coming to town. DAILY SHOW SHOWTIME.