I love happy hours. Like, who doesn’t? Drinking, deals, and getting home early! I’ve been itching to do another happy hour roundup, but I was overwhelmed by how many favorites I have all across Houston. So, I’m going to do a roundup of roundups — up first is the Heights!
Did I miss your fave? Tell me in the comments where you love to eat, drink, and be merry after work!
Check out these Houston Heights happy hours:
Eight Row Flint
I don’t even need to look up the deals for this spot — that’s how often I frequent. $3 tacos (brussel sprouts and pork are my faves), $6 cocktails (not the full menu, but the margs, the mule, and the old fashioned are), $7 wines, and $3 beers. The drinks part of the happy hour is ALL DAY (and night!) on Wednesdays. The usual HH is Monday to Friday from 3 to 6 pm. More.
Tuesday-Saturday (oh heck yes) from 3 to 6 pm*, you can get $7 cocktails, $5 well drinks, $2.50 Miller High Life, $3 Lone Star, $5 apps, and $2.50 duck tacos. Love this spot for brunch for sure, but HH on their BRAND NEW PATIO is a great plan too. More.
*The picture is old! HH now goes to 6 pm.
The Barking Pig
This might be my best kept secret suggestion. Happy hour goes until 7 pm Tuesday through Friday BUT ALSO all day on Monday. They have $15 bottle wines (or $5 a glass or $18 house carafes), which is what I usually opt for. Sangria is $5, frozen drinks are $6, well drinks are $4, and it’s 50 cents off all beer. No food on HH, but it’s pretty affordable. I usually split a pizza and some fries for a grand total of like $12. More.
We got 5 reasons to go happy hour at Kings.
- 5 days a week — Monday through Friday from to 3 to 6 pm.
- $5 Haus cocktails — lavender marg or the strawberry mojito
- $5 bites — pretzel or deviled eggs.
- $5 Haus wines
- $5 signature drafts
Field and Tides
Monday through Saturday from 4 to 7 pm, get $7 cocktails, $5 draft beer, and bites from $4 (like their pimento cheese balls which are so good) to $11. A dozen gulf oysters are $10! More.
- Dish Society: I like the Heights location best, but this deal is at all locations around town. 3:30 to 6:30 pm with $15 bottles of wine, $3-$6 beers, $6 cocktails and $5-$6 plates. More.
- Local Foods: Same thing — not Heights specific but I do love them. From 5 to 7 pm every day, get $3 off cocktails, $1 off all beer, and $7 glass, $14 half carafe, and $26 full carafe wine (white, red, rosé, or sparkling). No food deals.
- Postino: OK, so not a happy hour, but great deals! Before 5 pm DAILY (yes, even weekends), they have beer pitchers (3 beers) for $5 or $5 glasses of any wines ($15 for the whole bottle). No food deals or anything before 5 pm, but on Mondays and Tuesdays after 8 pm, you can get a bruschetta board and a bottle for $25.