Looking for 30th birthday party ideas for adults in Houston? Look no further! Milestone birthdays should be celebrated in a big way! Here are some ideas that I’ve done with my friends to celebrate entering a new decade in Houston. 🎉
Summer Houston Birthday Ideas
- Party Bus & Yacht Party in Kemah: We did this for my husband’s 30th birthday and everyone had a blast! I booked at 12-person boat with South Coast Sailing and booked a party bus down to take us to Kemah with S & T’s Party Bus. I got custom cups from Katie & Co Houston and a fun nautical charcuterie board from Eleveats Graze. See the video!
- Rent a Cabana at The Marriott Marquis Rooftop Pool. This rooftop bar and pool in Downtown Houston is the perfect place to unwind and let loose with some friends especially if you have a summer birthday! You can book a cabana, lawn chairs, or a day pass. With every hotel room you get 4 pool passes.
- Rent a Suite at the Astros or Sugarland Space Cowboys. If you have a large group of people this is a fun way to throw a party with entertainment! You can opt to have catering too.
Winter Birthday Ideas
- Rent a Suite at the Rockets Stadium. If you have a large group of people this is a fun way to throw a party with entertainment! You can opt to have catering too.
Fall / Spring Houston Birthday Ideas
These are outdoor venues that are better suited for a spring or fall birthday where the weather isn’t super hot!
- Buffalo Bayou Cruise. Book a 90-minute cruise on Buffalo Bayou. Bring friends since these boats can hold up to 21 people! Go at sunset and you’ll see the Waugh Bridge bats.
- Hibachi Party . I am obsessed with this idea and think it’s such a fun way to elevate a backyard party or BBQ. Essentially you rent a hibachi chef that brings a grill and all the food and sake to your home and does a Benihana-like show. If you do not have outdoor space, they can do it inside too!
- Dinner or Brunch at The Juliana. Honestly, a milestone birthday is a perfect excuse to rent a venue and be EXTRA! Show off your party planning skills with an intimate event in this indoor / outdooor venue in The Heights.
- Luxury Picnic . There are several luxury picnic companies around Houston. I surprised my husband with a fancy picnic from Picnics in The City for his birthday one year. They can be small or as large as you would like!
Year-Round Houston Birthday Ideas
- Cuban Speakeasy Show at Emilia’s Havana. Hidden behind the Annie in the Galleria Area, this speakeasy has several seatings of live music shows and authentic cuban cocktails. It’s an excellent place to throw a post-dinner party! Make sure you make reservations– it’s tiny and the seats fill up fast!
- Drag Brunch at Bar Boheme. I have personally celebrated my birthday here and it was so much fun for everyone! Make sure you bring lots of dollar billz! They also do drag brunch at Chapman & Kirby once a month.
- Spa Day at The Houstonian Hotel. Book a massage or facial and spend a relaxing, stress-free day at the spa. Alternate between the hot tub, steam room, and warm pool inside with the spacious lounge chairs and warm pools outside.
- Burlesque Show at Red Velvet . I went to the old Prohibition for my 27th birthday and it was FABULOUS. This is a new venue that’s opened up post-COVID-19, but still in Downtown Houston.
- Private Workout Class at your favorite studio. Most boutique studios like pilates, yoga, and spin have the option to book a private class where you get to choose the instructor, collaborate on the playlist and choose your favorite workout sets and drink mimosas afterwards. I had a party with 8 of my friends at Studio Form!
- Custom Hat Party with Magnolia Mercantile. This Houston hat studio does pop-up parties where you can design your own cowboy or rancher hat with unique ribbons, feathers, vintage beads and broches, and even branding!
Restaurants to Celebrate 30th Birthday in Houston
If you want a restaurant with a private space or private room to celebrate your 30th birthday, check out this list of 15+ Houston venues to have a party. Call ahead and they’ll often allow you to block off a space so you can set up balloons, decorate the table, or bring photo backdrops to set the mood.
Chill spots to post-up and hang with a big group:
If you’re in the mood to go out and dance:
Excellent vibes for intimate cocktails:
An excuse to spluge:
For more birthday dinner ideas, check out this great post by Erika at Black Girls Who Brunch.
Bonus! 30th Birthday Trips Near Houston
- Trip to Fredricksburg. I rented a big Airbnb with my girlfriends to ring in my 30th birthday in wine country (okay, we well went to Sonoma 😅). You can click here for a fun Fredericksburg itinerary with some of my favorite spots.
- Trip to Round Top. This small town is just an hour outside of Houston and throws a massive anique fair every fall and spring. You can shop vintage stores year round and stay at darling airbnbs like the Round Top Ranchette.
- Trip to New Braunfels Click here for my weekend itinerary for New Braunfels ‑ another close and fun destination with incredible Airbnbs, wine, lakes, and summer fun. I hosted my bachelorette here!
- Trip to the Woodlands. Okay, I know this is technically the Houston area, but you can do a fabulous staycation up there and see a show at Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavillion!
P.S. This blog post is a new and improved post based on some great ideas that I had originally posted in 2018 here.