Listen, I’m going to be real with you because we’re close like that. I drank way too much the other night. Let me set the scene for you: CultureMap’s Big Texas Party with beer, BBQ and tons of Whisky followed by THE CHAINSMOKERS at the pop-up Club Nomadic.
It was heaven and literally the most perfect night. The following morning, however… And I had to get ready for pt. 2 of Club Nomadic: Bruno Mars! I needed to rally.
But then I had a thought! ThrIVe. It’s a (sorta) new-to-Houston concept that offers various drip treatments (and cryotherapy and other things). They have something called the “Party Drip,” and it was exactly the thing that I wanted to put in my body to make the madness stop. ThrIVe, you had me at:
Instantly reverse your hangover with a high dose of fluids and vitamins that rehydrate and detoxify cells, plus anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea and acid reflux meds that alleviate headaches and distress.
Nine things to know before you go to ThrIVe Drip Spa:
- It works. Let’s start with the basics, shall we? I noticed a difference right away. I felt heavy with fluids. I felt like they were right up to my eyes. I also felt better. Bring on round two, Bruno.
- There’s more than just the Party Drip. While I associate ThrIVe with hangover remedies, there are several other drips from a skin pick me up to a libido solution. There’s also cryotherapy — so in right now.
- It’s slightly outside the loop. ThrIVe is located at Chimney Rock and I10 (north side of the intersection), which is just past the 610 loop, but barely. It’s by Big Yoga!
- It’s kinda pricey. Drips are about $180, which isn’t exactly a weekend treat. More like a spring for it when you’re desperate af. There is a membership program you can ask about that knocks it down to about $100.
- It’s super legit — nurse included. OK, so yeah. I told my mom I did this, and she seemed super concerned. “You just went to a spa and someone stuck a needle in you??” I guess I waited a little too long in the convo to tell her that oh yeah these people are nurses. Mine actually knew her stuff.
- Come in unmedicated. I know, after a wild night, your instinct is to pop some advil. Resist. I had (oops) so I had to get an alternative boost — B12. Anyways, wait for the good stuff! But if you did succumb to take a couple throughout the day, be honest with your nurse.
- It takes about 30-45 minutes. Mine actually only took 30 minutes. I was thirsty. (ew)
- There are needles. Duh. If needles aren’t your thing, you won’t do well here. I will say that I found it easy to put it out of my mind. Hello instagram.
- It works now AND later. So the thing is, it helps you recover AND preemptively protects you from your next hangover. Which I had the following day. And which was not bad at all. THANKS, THRIVE!