We’re all still stunned it’s already 2019, but got another announcement for ya: It’s almost Rodeo Season! The rodeo runs runs Feb. 25-March 17.
RodeoHouston announced its 2019 lineup (finally, even though it was leaked earlier). As a regular rodeo-goer and first time badge holder, I’m pretty pumped this year. PSA: here’s everything I’ve written about for Rodeo! (More to come this year!)
Gotta say, pumped about this lineup. It’s a healthy mix of new people and classic HLSR performers. Get ready to rock — tickets go on sale next Thursday!
Here’s who I’m pumped about this year!
- Panic! At The Disco – Sun., March 3 (it’s the scene kid in me)
- Kings of Leon – Tues., March 12 (expect me to “Use Somebody” at the top of my lungs)
- George Strait with special guests Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen – Sun., March 17 (ummm this will be crazy)
- Cardi B – Fri., March 1 (you little *$&%* you can’t #*@# with me..)
- Luke Bryan – Thurs., Feb. 28 (be still my beating heart!!)
- Camila Cabello – Tues., March 5 (Havana, I mean HOUSTON, oh nah nah)
- Kacey Musgraves – Mon., Feb. 25 (OK, so I secretly adore here, so what)
- Zac Brown Band – Mon., March 11 (Cold beer on a MONDAY night)
- Zedd – Fri., March 8 (ready for the teens?)
- Turnpike Troubadours – Sat., March 2 (full disclosure, only know a few songs, still into it)
- Santana – Wed., March 13 (serenade me, Santana)
- Cody Johnson – Fri., March 15 (our little Texas sweetheart!)
- Brad Paisley – Sat., March 16 (be still my beating heart, pt 2)
- Tim McGraw – Thurs., March 7 (I will at least know a few songs from living in Texas my whole life)
- Chris Stapleton – Thurs., March 14 (I will at least know a few songs from living in Texas my whole life, pt 2)
- Prince Royce – Tues., Feb. 26 (yeah, sorry, don’t know you)
- Brooks & Dunn – Wed., Feb. 27 (have not been introduced)
- Old Dominion – Mon., March 4 (hey, I’ve heard of this band before)
- Luke Combs – Wed., March 6 (solid name)
- Kane Brown – Sat., March 9 (thought this was Kanye for a sec)
- Los Tigres Del Norte – Sun. March 10 (hola, you’re regulars, but never caught a show)
Here’s the list in chronological order!
So, who are y’all most excited to see?? Tell us in the comments!
Literally looking into if I can miss the first 2 days of my spring quarter to see Garth Brooks hahaha
I’m most excited to see many of them … as long as they aren’t supporting the rodeo in its current state (which means I won’t be attending any of THESE shows). Nice post compilation, Lauren, given that.
We do hope you’ll join the more enlightened of us and stand up against animal cruelty anyway. Cheers! ~ Shannon
Heeyyyy! This is my first year going to the rodeo and I bought tickets for Cody Johnson. Your blog is super useful (I read your old posts). If you have any ~*new*~ advice or outfit ideas for a first timer, that would be amazing!
Thanks for reading!!! Search “Rodeo” and you’ll see quite a few posts that we’ve written and even a “10-point checklist” for your first trip!
I’ve booked to see Kings of Leon on 12th March, my second time at the Rodeo, sooooooooo excited
Pingback: The 2019 Rodeo Lineup in Order of Who We’re Excited to See — It’s Not Hou It’s Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog – Calamity Jayne Living in America