If you didn’t grow up wanting to be an astronaut at least at one point in your childhood, then were you even ever a kid?! Lucky for all of us, Space Center Houston is introducing us to its inaugural Moon2Mars Festival this weekend — June 9-12, 2022!
The festival features nightly music, all-day activities, and so much to do — all in one ticket price!
BUT FIRST. Some helpful links:
- All the #Moon2MarsFestival details you need + buy your tickets. CLICK HERE.
- The festival map! CLICK HERE.
- Flash giveaway for tickets to Saturday! CLICK HERE.
- Bag policy information. CLICK HERE.
Now, allow me to share with you my 7-step checklist for what you need to (and GET to!) do at the Moon2Mars Festival at Space Center Houston! (This post is sponsored by Space Center Houston, but all opinions are my own!)
1. Explore all of Space Center Houston
OK, I just have to start with noting that this is not just a special event AT SCH. It’s literally on top of the already cool and interesting exhibits and activities available on a regular basis PLUS even more! Eat at the Food Lab where you can grab a coffee at Grounds Control, walk around in a Blue Origin rocket, take a tram tour, and more!
2. Check out an actual rover
I got to ride this FLEX Rover! And it’s kind of wild?! Like, it’s SO much bigger than I imagined and so powerful. Not everyone will get to take a ride at the festival — the activation is limited to 100 people per day, but HIGHLY recommend going over to take a peek at the vehicle!
3. Mail a postcard through space
This is pretty neat. You can mail yourself — or someone else! — a postcard that will route THROUGH space! Might take a few weeks (or months) but your note — which you get to draw yourself! — will make a pit stop on a future SpaceX mission before being sent out via the postal service!
4. Cool down with a Karbach beer in the Lunar Lounge
Karbach Brewing’s Love Street is sponsoring this igloo-style lunar lounge that will be pumped with AC and beer! Catch me out there, FOR SURE, in between shows!
5. Jam to tunes from several different music acts
The stage at the Moon2Mars Festival includes nightly music from DJs and musicians. Here’s the schedule:
- 4:30 p.m. Sam Turner & The Cactus Cats
- 6:45 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 7:00 p.m. Katie Toupin
- 8:15 p.m. Wade Bowen
- 4:30 p.m. Camera Cult
- 7:00 p.m. Katie Toupin
- 8:15 p.m. American Authors
6. Be among the first to see the new Artemis exhibit
The new Artemis Exhibit opened June 9 — so it’s new new! It’s interactive and educational, and all about NASA’s mission to return to the Moon for the first time in 50 years!
7. Check out the latest innovations in space
The Repsol Space Innovation Tent — which comes equipped with the highest air conditioning technology — has demonstrations and interactive activations featuring just the dang coolest space tech. Here’s what the future of space exploration looks like!