What: Brunch at the Hobbit Cafe
Middle Earth Upper Kirby
Who to bring:
- Your vegetarian roommate who’s in town
- Your nerdy little brother
- Your hippie stoner one night stand who owes you a drink
Where to sit: Outside on the patio – quirkly floral table cloths, colorful Christmas lights year round, overgrown bushes, and lovingly worn deck! What’s not to love?
Be sure to:
- Wander around inside and check out the obscene amount of Lord of the Rings Paraphernalia and admire all the themed names on the menu
- Not be in a rush. They have a “hobbit sized kitchen” that sometimes runs behind
What we drank: DRANKS! Bloody Mary for $3.75 – yes please!
What “legendary food” we ordered:
- Portabella Mushroom Fajitas – vegetarian heaven with plenty of leftovers
- Avocado Omelete- easily could be split between two hungry af hobbits
- Blueberry Pankcakes – made with FRESH fruit!!
- Poached Salmon Benedict – a brunch classic
- The Hobbit Café was founded in 1972 and for the first 6 years was entirely vegetarian
- Lynyrd Skynyrd has dined there
- We named them on our Best Veggie Burgers in Houston list!