Happy HO HO HOlidays, HOustonians! Santa’s coming and you need to be on your bestest behavior so he will bring ya something nice! JK, let’s party.
From holiday office parties and shopportunities, we know you’re busy. So, we’ll give it to ya straight, right here, right now. These are the can’t-miss events for this month. (PSA: We’ll be adding to this as we learn of new fun things for you to do!
Pop Shop Houston Holiday Fair
X marks the spot of the next Pop Shop Houston December 1st -3rd We've moved to @greenstreethou Downtown! We'll be right across from the Sugar & Cloth Color Wall @hotelalessandra and Forever 21. Here's the gorgeous @nealettedouglas wearing @dreforgotten #handmade #handcrafted #diy #make #houston #houstonevents #houstontx #houstonart #shopping #shopsmall #shoplocal #buylocal
- When: Dec. 1-3; Preview Party Dec. 1st. 6pm – 10pm; Dec. 2nd 10am – 7pm; Dec. 3rd 11am – 4pm
- Where: GreenStreet in Downtown Houston
- What: Holiday shopping and mingling with Houston creatives! A weekend of artfully curated artisan goods from over 120+ artists.
- More info: All the deets here!
Lights in the Heights
- When: Dec. 9, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Bayland Avenue and Woodland Street between Studewood Street and Beauchamp Street and Norhill Street between Highland Street and Euclid Street.
- What: Grab your cooler full of Shiner Cheer and Saint Arnold Christmas Ale and take it to the streets of the Heights.
- More info: Check out this blog post we wrote last year for what to know before you go.
Day for Night
- When: Dec. 15-17
- Where: Downtown in a historic post office converted into an event space (wut?!). “The historic Barbara Jordan Post Office at 401 Franklin Street, designed by the same architects as the Houston Astrodome, will be the setting for this year’s hyper-sensorial festival. The 1.5 million square foot hybrid indoor-outdoor space will house four massive stages with seamless flow between the stages and immersive art installations.” SO COOL.
- What: Like Free Press but cooler (literally). Three-day music fest in
- More info: Festival website here!
Alley Theatre’s Christmas Carol
- When: Now until Dec. 30. Evening shows Tues-Sun plus Sat and Sun matinees.
- Where: Alley Theater, Hubbard Theatre.
- What: Ghost story meets Christmas time. You probs know the plot: Old cranky man’s cold heart thawed at Christmas time when he sees his past, present and future.
- More info: Get your Scrooge on here.
- When: December 1-31
- Where: Literally anywhere.
- What: Women across the US raising $2 million (and awareness) for the awfulness that is Human Trafficking. Join my team, donate or raise awareness with me by wearing a dress every day this month!
- More info: Read the full blog post here.
Dickens in the Strand
It's Christmas in July! 🎄🎅🏼 __ We just couldn't wait and added Dickens on The Strand 2017 tickets to our website! General admission and special event tickets are now available. Find them via the link in our bio. __ #christmasinjuly #dickens #dickensonthestrand #dickensfestival #dickensonthestrand2017 #dots #victorianstyle #victorianfashion #history #christmasfestival #galveston #galvestonisland #galvestontx #galvestonhistory #galvestonhistoricalfoundation #ghf #lovegalveston #mygalveston
- When: Dec. 1-4.
- Where: Galveston Strand.
- What: December seems like a great time to go to the beach — especially when the beach town is completely taken over by Christmas markets, caroling and yum food and drinks. The 19th-century Victorian London fest features parades, non-stop entertainment on six stages, strolling carolers, roving musicians, bagpipers, jugglers and a host of other entertainers. Costumed vendors peddle their wares from street stalls and rolling carts laden with holiday food and drink, Victorian-inspired crafts, clothing, jewelry, holiday decorations and gift items.
- More info: Have ye a good time.