It’s the birthday month of all birthday months! Just within this month, both of us turn 27 and the blog turns 4! You best believe we’ll be doing a whole lot of celebrating.
Scroll down for all our event recommendations for this month (we’ll update on a weekly basis) or tune in to our guest segment on The H Podcast (coming soon!) where we talk about these events and what we’re excited about this month!
The rest of the month
- Turkey Trot 2018: Thursday, Nov. 22, at 7:30 am. Earn your turkey with a 5K or 10K run around the Galleria area! Use our code “30HOU” for 30% off registration. Trot on.
- Houston’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Thursday, Nov. 22, at 9 am. Gather ye round for floats and fun, brought to you by HEB. More here.
- The Nutcracker at the Houston Ballet: Friday, Nov. 23. Performances of this tried and true holiday show begin and go throughout the holiday season.
- Holiday Cabernets Under $50 at Nice Winery: Thursday, November 29th from 6 to 8 pm. With prices of many Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon bottles soaring above $100, everyone is on the hunt for the “unicorn” – Napa quality under $50. We have gathered up a collection of “unicorn” wines for your tasting and buying enjoyment. Chef Ian’s delicious light bites will be served. Pricing: $45 per person. Deets here!
- Zoo Lights begins! Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Houston Zoo. Frolic after dark with the animals all season long at this festive event for those young and old! More here.
- Texas Renaissance Festival: Every Saturday and Sunday all month long and through November! We wrote extensively about the super fun festival. Check it out!
- Bluefield Market in EaDo: Every Saturday evening from 6 to 10. Free yoga at 6, then music and shopping local! More here.
- Registration is open for Turkey Trot! Use our code for 30% of your ticket to earn your turkey! Code is: “30HOU” and click here to sign up.
Darn, missed these
- Trick or Treat market at Karbach: Sunday, Oct. 28, at noon. Shop, spook, drink, continue. More.
- Hocus Pocus at Axlerad: Tuesday, Oct. 30, at 7:30. Beers and the three babes every Halloween party needs. More.
- Halloween with Urbane Society! Wednesday, Oct. 31. 8 – 11 pm at the Grove in Downtown. Tickets are $45-$60 depending on if you’re a member or not (We are! Sign up here). Get excited for an open bar, DJ, heavy hors d’oeuvres and costumes galore! Get your tickets soon before the event sells out!
- Heartmade Harvest Art Market: Saturday, Nov. 3, from 10 am to 5 pm, in downtown Houston (1000 Main St.) Shop local at this free event. Check out the deets and the vendors here!
- Artful Wednesday: Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 3 pm at 2419 Del Monte Dr. Shop beautiful art and jewelry for a great cause! Click here for more.
- Bridge Bash: Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7 pm in Memorial Park. Food, drinks and charity with some fun young professionals like us!! More here.
- Nutcracker Market: Thursday, Nov. 8, to Sunday, Nov. 11, at NRG Center. Shop ’til you drop with THE holiday shopping event of the season! Get gadgets and gizmos a plenty for your friends and fam (or for just you, no judgement). Read more about this event and how to get tickets here.
- Hollerpalooza: Saturday, Nov. 10, from 1 to 8 pm, at Holler Brewery. HBD to one of our fave breweries!! Cheers to two, Holler! More here!
- EggHaus Grand Opening: Sunday, Nov. 11, 8 am to 4 pm, at EggHaus. We love this lil gem in the Heights, and we’re so happy it’s here. Kolaches, coffee, tacos, matcha and more! Egg-cellent.
- OUR FREAKING (aforementioned ^^^) BIRTHDAY! Come hang with us on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at Eight Row Flint, for our fourth birthday party! Koozies, happy hour prices, raffle prizes and more! Click here to learn more and click here to RSVP on Facebook.
- Opt For Optimism Mural Pop Up: Thursday Nov. 15 11am to 2pm. If you post a photo at the new mural at 2011 Leeland St. you have a chance to win $500 AND select a nonprofit that ALSO receives $500, as well as many more prizes. Read more here!
- Sunrise Yoga with BIG Power Yoga: Friday, Nov. 16, at dawn. Welcome the weekend with some sun salutations at sunrise with BIG Power Yoga! No namaste in bed this AM!
Via Colori: Saturday, Nov. 17, to Sunday, Nov. 18. Paint the streets for a great cause at this 10-year-old festival. More color please!
- Astroworld Fest: Saturday, Nov. 17, at NRG. Travis Scott has resurrected Astroworld on an international scale with his most recent album. Now, he’s taking to the old site of Astroworld for a music fest which he created and is headlining. Stargaze.
- Dressember Holiday Photo Fundraiser: Saturday, Nov. 17, at A 2nd Cup. Help our team fundraise for Dressember! Wear a Dress and get your holiday photos done for a contribution to the cause. More here!
- Spin for a cause: Sunday, Nov. 18, at 3 pm, at SoulCycle – MEMO. Raise money for the National Alopecia Areata Foundation (this is our friend’s cause!). More here.