Make it a December to remember with a slew of fun events — shopping, Christmas lights, home tours and more.
Per usual, we’re on the air with The H Podcast with our segment of “In the Loop.” Check it out!
- Premium Cabernet Sauvignon Wines at Nice Winery: Monday, December 17th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Just in time for the Holidays, join us to taste fantastic cult wines, led by Winemaker and Sommelier Ryan Levy! We will be pouring spectacular, hard to find Cabernet Sauvignon wines paired with Chef Ian’s light bites. Come find the perfect wine to put under the tree for the Holidays! $69 per person. More here.
- Let’s Get Elf’d Up. Thursday, Dec. 20, at 7 pm, at Eureka Heights. Join Y&H and Eureka Heights as we say farewell to 2018 with some yoga, a lot of fun and a pint or two of a special holiday glitter beer concoction!! It will be MAGICAL and there will be PRESENTS! More here.
- The Color Social’s Winter Wonderland Pop-Up: Friday, Dec. 21, to Sunday, Dec. 23, at 810 Richey St. Buckle up for Christmas on steroids. The pop-up exhibit will feature four Christmas-themed rooms that will offer photo opportunities and entertainment for all ages including a live Santa, artificial snow, photo booths, and Christmas movie clips. Get tickets here.
- Shakin’ All Over at Continental Club. Friday, Dec. 21, 9:30 pm. Get your dose of holiday nostalgia‚ free music and fun! More.
- 3rd Annual St Arnold’s Naughty List 32 Tap Takeover. Friday, Dec. 21, to Saturday, Dec. 22, at The Conservatory. No joke — 32 taps! Get your holiday CHEERS! More info here.
- Goode Co. X-Mas Party. Saturday, Dec. 22, at 9 pm. Good ole holiday honky tonk. More.
- Anomaly: Saturday, Dec. 22, at 7:30 pm at the Wortham Center. Illusionist, magician, sleight of hand artist and entertainer extraordinaire, Robby Bennett has been professionally astonishing and captivating audiences since the age of thirteen earning him multiple awards from peers for his efforts towards the art of magic. More.
- Elf The Musical: Buddy the Elf, I know him! Check out showings here!
- Dressember Houston: In the spirit of giving, I’m wearing a dress. Every. Single. Day. I’m raising money for an organization called Dressember. Check out why here.
- Discovery Green’s The Ice: Skate around the Christmas tree! All the deets here.
- Christmas Carol at Alley Theater: Until Dec. 30, various times. It’s a tried and true tale of Scrooge and Marley. Whether you know how it goes or not, it’s still a great show that will make you laugh and get in the Christmas spirits! Tickets here.
- TFTI: Rooms and rooms of Insta-worthy landscapes. Read all the deets here.
- Zoo Lights! Frolic after dark with the animals all season long at this festive event for those young and old! More here.
- Bluefield Market in EaDo: Every Saturday evening from 6 to 10. Free yoga at 6, then music and shopping local! More here.
Darn, missed these
- Houston Heights Association Holiday Home Tour. Friday, Nov. 29, from 6 to 9 pm, or Saturday, Dec. 1, 3 to 9 pm. From the oldest home built in 1903 to the newest in 2005, each has a unique take on holiday decorating and will take guests through decades of history with each stop. This year’s theme, “When All Through the House” is sure to bring a sense of nostalgia of holidays past for attendees. Tickets here.
Dickens on the Strand. Friday, Nov. 29 to Sunday, Dec. 2, in Galveston. Calling all Scrooge’s and Tiny Tim’s. Go back in time this holiday season. Hear ye, hear ye.
Holiday Brews on the Bayou. Saturday, December 1, 2 to 6 pm. Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens invites guests to enjoy a festive afternoon in the Diana Garden with seasonal beer tastings from select craft breweries, as well as live music performed by the Richard Brown Trio with Bob Luna on vocals. More here.
- CultureMap Holiday Pop-Up Shop. Sunday, Dec. 2, noon to 4 pm. Use the code “SHOP” on your tickets to get in free! More here.
- Jingle Balls. Thursday, Dec. 6, 7 to 10 pm, at Pitch 25. Bring at least ONE brand-new sports ball to donate to local Houston charities in time for the holidays and you’ll get TWO DRINK TICKETS plus lots of fun. Tickets.
- Dressember Houston Sip and Shop at Forth and Nomad: Friday, Dec. 7, from 5:30-7:30. For a min donation to fighting human trafficking, enjoy sips and swag bags from some fun partners to celebrate the launch of Dressember. Read more about the cause here and check out event details here.
- Trap Yoga and Tacos. Friday, Dec. 7, at 7 pm, at Silver Street Studios. Twerk-worthy tunes while yoga-ing and yummy tacos. More here.
- 76th Anniversary of Oldest Home Tour in Houston: Friday, Dec. 7, to Friday, Dec. 8. Tour four of the finest — and oldest — homes in town. Tickets here.
- Lights in the Heights: Saturday, Dec. 8, from 6 to 9 pm, in the Heights. Wind down roads of the Heights drinking hot cocoa and wearing ugly Christmas sweaters. Please, y’all, be respectful. Your outside people’s homes. More here.
- Mending: Craft and Community at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston: Beginning Saturday, Dec. 8, to June 9. Showcasing 28 objects drawn from the Museum’s collection that highlight both formal and metaphorical examples of mending, the selection reveals techniques and personal stories in works that weave together dominant narratives of race and gender. More.
- Hotel Derek’s Breakfast with Santa: Sunday, Dec. 9, 9 to 11 am. The festive buffet is $45 per person and includes a visit with a certain Saint Nick. Ho, ho, ho, here.
- Beers & Cheers Holiday Market: Saint Arnold Brewing Co. Sunday, Dec. 9, 11 am to 4 pm, at Saint Arnold’s. Free to attend — lots of amazing local artist & vendors bringing out some unique & awesome gift ideas. More here.
- Make a Home for the Holidays Supply Drive. Sunday, Dec. 9, at 11:30 am to 2:30 pm, at Bungalow Heights bring a $10 unwrapped gift donation to trade in for raffle tickets. More here.
- Grinch Double Feature at Axelrad: Tuesday, Dec. 11, 6:30 and 8 pm. Transformation Tuesday! Watch both the Grinch movies back to back. More.
- Holiday Bubbles at Nice Winery: Wednesday, December 12, from 6 to 8 pm. Find yourself craving Champagne? Searching for the perfect Prosecco? Join Sommelier and Winemaker, Ryan Levy, for an in-depth class as we taste some of his favorite sparkling wines, perfect for the Holidays, paired with Chef Ian’s delicious light bites. You wont want to miss this opportunity to taste this fantastic selection! $69 per person. More here.
- Tamales and Tequila at The Rustic. Wednesday, Dec. 12, 7 to 9 pm. Free tamales with drink purchase. Yum! More.
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market. Saturday, Dec. 15, 11 am to 6 pm. Ready to shop ’til you drop? More here.
- Dream Machine. Saturday, Dec. 15, 6 pm to 2 am. An audio/ visual installation event dedicated to interactive and immersive technology, art, music and design comes to Houston for its third year. Expect to see the best and brightest artists scattered throughout Houston and Austin’s music & art sphere to bring to you an intricately designed, finely tuned and well oiled beast that can only be described as Dream Machine. $35 pp. More.
- A Christmas Story Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. Sunday, Dec. 16, noon to 6 pm. Yule shoot your eye out, folks. Grab your tacky leg lamps and toy guns here! JK. But you can for sure check off your Christmas list — beer in hand — at this free event. More here.