Once upon a time, I was a Cinco de Mayo noob and didn’t realize how serious of an event this is. Reservations and seating at texmex restaurants fill up faster than you can say rápido, rápido and we were left with sipping on watery margs out of solo cups at a sketchy joint because the restaurant ran out of glass ones. Moral of the story: Houstonians don’t mess around with the 5th of May and you need to plan ahead!
If you’re looking to avoid my mistakes of the past, grab your amigos and look no further! CINCO DE CYCLONE’S at Cyclone Anaya’s is coming to Houston on May 5th to host Houston’s largest Cinco De Mayo party! Here’s 10 reasons why you should buy your tickets to CINCO DE CYCLONE’S today!
Heads up: this post is sponsored by Cyclone Anaya’s but all opinions and obsessions about margs and otherwise are our own.
10 Reasons to Fiesta at CINCO DE CYCLONE’S
- Houston’s Largest Cinco De Mayo party! With 6 locations to choose from, no matter where you live, you’re just a short uber ride away from fiestaing with friends. Head to any one of the Cyclone Anaya’s locations for a fabulous meal: Rice Village, Woodway, Heights, or Woodlands. And then pop on over to Midtown or CITYCENTRE locations for the legendary CINCO DE CYCLONE’S party!
- Vist the block party! Head to Bagby Park in Midtown (you know it for the “MIDTOWN” sign) and the plaza in CITYCENTRE for the CINCO DE CYCLONE outdoor party with a festival market, photobooth, activities for kids and fun in the sun!
- You can attend the event for free! But for just $29 you can get 2 food items, 2 drink vouchers, and a special gift. Kids tickets are just $9! Click here to get tickets. Plus get $5 OFF at checkout with our code HOU5.
- Live Music. Hit up the CITYCENTRE and Midtown locations for live music and DJs spinning local beats, remixes and crowd-pleasing tunes.
- Outdoor venues. If you’re outdoorsy in the fact that you like to drink on patios — look no further. Pretty much every location has solid outdoor space and Midtown and CITYCENTRE are going especially all out with the outdoor venues. Full menu will be served inside, and you can find the famous margaritas, cold beer, and non-alcoholic beverages at the block party.
- Delish Tex-Mex food. If you didn’t bury yourself in a plate of tacos al carbon, enchiladas or queso did you even celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Just saying the date makes my mouth water for table-side guac and a heaping plate of fajitas. The best pics of the tex-mex menu will be at the event, while the full menu will be served inside. Pro tip: buy tickets to the event or make reservations in many weeks in advance! Otherwise, expect to wait several hours to get in!
- Bask in some Houston history. Legendary professional wrestler Cyclone Anaya and his wife, Carolina—a former Miss Houston—founded Cyclone Anaya’s in 1966. You can drop that fun fact to your friends as you dive into some classic Tex-Mex comfort food and incredible margaritas that have been serving generations of Houstonians.
- Tex-Mex Brunch & Mimosas. The party starts at noon, so why not kick off the day with a legendary $8 carafe of mimosas. Brunch is served at all six locations until 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays and is filled with fan-favorites like chilaquiles with roasted beef brisket, carne asada and eggs, and migas!
- Margaritas on point. Obvi you’re not letting the Cinco de Mayo day slip away without a margarita in hand. Choose a favorite from their extensive margarita menu that’s $11 for a regular and $14 for a jumbo marg. My favorite is the Rooster Sunrise — made with ancho reyes chiles!
- We’ll be there! Catch us at the Midtown party and you might just get yourself and itsnothouzie! PLUS get $5 OFF at checkout with our code HOU5.
Quick Facts about CINCO DE CYCLONE’S
- Event: Houston’s largest Cinco de Mayo party!
- Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Time: 12pm – 8pm
- Location: 6 Restaurants (Midtown, CITYCENTRE, Rice Village, Heights, Woodway, The Woodlands) or 2 Block Parties (Bagby Park in Midtown 415 Gray St. and The Plaza in CITYCENTRE 800 Town and Country Boulevard)
- Block Party Tickets: Free, $29 VIP Adults, $9 VIP Kids – buy them here
Pingback: Houston Events You Can’t Miss This May | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog