Happy Month of Love — that’s a thing right? Whether you’re celebrating Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, Moist February (lol), or just 2/2020, we’ve got Houston goings on to share with you. Make sure to save the date for our Feburary Happy Hour at Little Dipper. If you’ve been looking to nab an #itsnothouzie (and some free drinks), this is your chance!
Rest of the month
- Fat Tuesday. Tuesday, Feb. 25. For a full guide to Mardi Gras in Houston, click here! Here’s a peek at what sort of goings on Houston has:
- Mardi Gras Crawfish Boil at Revival Market. Fat Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2 to 6 pm. Plates are $25 and beer specials from $3. Click here for more.
- Mardi Craw at The Rustic. Fat Tuesday, Feb. 25, starting at 5:30 pm. Tickets are $50. Click here for more.
- Fat Tuesday at Jax on Shepherd. Fat Tuesday, Feb. 25, starting at 6 pm. Click here for more.
- Feast Before Sacrifice – A Mardi Gras Dinner and Art Show. Fat Tuesday, Feb. 25, starting at 6 pm. Tickets are $125. Click here for more.
- Sleeping Beauty at the Houston Ballet: Thursday, Feb. 27, through March 8. A beautiful princess is cursed by an evil fairy, and doomed to sleep for a hundred years – only to be awakened by the kiss of the handsome prince who loves her. SWEET DREAMS.
- RODEO COOK OFF: Thursday, Feb. 27, through Saturday, Feb. 29. The best time of the year is officially starting this month!! Everything you need to know about going to Rodeo Cook Off is here in our blog post! BBQ ON!
- Kendra Scott’s Go Texan Day. Friday, Feb. 28, from 5 to 7 pm at Kendra Scott – Rice Village (2411 Times Blvd SUITE 120). Celebrate Go Texan Day and kick-off Rodeo with 20% of all jewelry proceeds and 100% of our TX Charm sales benefitting the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Educational Fund. Enjoy bandana customization, a DJ, cocktails, and more! YEEHAW!
- Rodeo Run: Saturday, Feb. 29, at 9 am on the Rodeo Grounds. It’s $35 to literally run your way into rodeo season. RUN!
- Houston Brunch Fest: Sunday, March 1, at 1 pm in Midtown Park. Bottomless mimosas, food sampling, and more. Tickets start at $59. BRUNCH.
- Heights Morning Market: Every Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm in the Heights! SHOP TIL YOU DROP!
- Joystix freeplay Friday: First and last Fridays of the month from 9 pm to 2 am. It’s $15 cash to play allllll the arcade games you’ve ever wanted. More.
- Mardi Gras Galveston: Feb.14 to 25. All the Mardi Gras activities — beads, floats, frozen hurricanes, concerts — plus a beach! This two-weekend event is a wild time just down 45 South! BEADS & BEACHES.
- Camp David: Feb. 14 through March 15 at The Alley Theatre. Pulitzer Prize winner Lawrence Wright offers a behind-the-scenes look at a historical moment whose legacy continues to resonate 41 years later. In the tumultuous 1970s, Middle East peace seemed nearly as impossible as it does today. Yet during 13 days in 1978, Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat, with the powerful help of U.S. President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Rosalynn Carter, hammered out an agreement that inspired the entire world. Wright’s play delivers a tremendously human look at both the hope and the cost of that historic moment. PLAY ON.
Darn! Missed these:
- Casino Royale Night with HYP: Thursday, Feb 6, at 5 to 8 pm at The Wealth HTX. Here’s the deal, you’re invited to Heights Young Professionals Casino Royale night. Join HYP for a night of cocktails, casino games and don’t forget your poker face! BET.
- Houston Contemporary Dance Company’s Dué: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7 and 8 at 8 pm at Queensbury Theater. Catch the world premieres by choreographers Hanna Brictson, Joe Celej, Enzo Celi, Alia Kache, Nicholas Ranauro and Joshua Manculich, and a special guest company, Hope Stone Dance.” LET’S DANCE.
- Drag Diva Brunch – Sex In The City: Saturday, February 8, at 10:30 am at the House of Blues. Calling all Carries, Samanthas, Charlottes, and Mirandas!! This buffet brunch show begins at noon and is $46 per person. Bring your ones! GO GIRLS.
- CRAWFISH AT FM KITCHEN: Saturday, Feb. 8, to Sunday, Feb. 9, from open until it sells out! (Which it probably will!) $9/lb crawfish (or get a 3lb cooler for $24! Sausage, potato, corn available for add-on. Get your crawfish fix this weekend at this pet-friendly patio bar and restaurant! YUM.
- Down House’s 2nd Annual Crawfish Cookoff: Saturday, February 8, at 4:30 pm. It’s that time of year again! Patio, cocktails, and crawfish at Down House in the Heights. CRAW TIME.
- Valentine’s BASH at Saint Arnold Brewing Co: Saturday, Feb. 8, 11 am to 4 pm. Art, Vintage, jewelry, Body products for sale, plus complimentary Valentines Card making for the fam with Audley Creative. CHEERS.
- Galentine’s Day at Karbach: Sunday, Feb. 9, from noon to 8 pm. Grab your girl gang and support Local Female Businesses in the Biergarten starting at noon – curated by the Hustlin’ Honeys HTX. FOR THE GIRLS.
- Houston Roughnecks First Game: Saturday, Feb. 8, at 5 pm, at TDECU Stadium. Houston has a new football team! The XFL is a different league and it’s game on for the new team, Houston Roughnecks. GET ROWDY.
- Quixote Nuevo: Through Feb. 9 at The Alley Theatre. This bilingual play is actually hilarious and such a breath of fresh air for The Alley. There’s singling and dancing and incredible costumes and I was loling all the way through! Brush up on your spanish, mi gente. VAMOS.
- Uchi + Le Pigeon Collaboration Dinner: Monday, Feb 10, from 6 to 9 pm, at Uchi. Join two-time James Beard Award Winner, Gabriel Rucker of Le Pigeon, Little Bird Bistro & Canard of Portland in collaboration with Uchi Houston’s chef de cuisine, Chris Davies for a 7-course dinner. $130 pp. SUSHI TIME.
- Galentine’s Day Shopping Event at Léránt. Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Discounts, lite bites, and shopping — bring your girlfriends! LET’S SHOP.
- ReelAbilities: Houston Film & Arts Festival. Tuesday, Feb. 11, through Thursday, February 20. FREE city-wide film and arts festival dedicated to presenting films, art exhibitions, performances, and speakers that celebrate the lives, stories, and talents of people with disabilities. ART FOR A CAUSE.
- Decorating With Love Cake Event: Wednesday, Feb 12, from 7 to 10 pm. Date night idea — this one is sweet. Take a guided cake decorating class at 3 Brothers Bakery! HOW SWEET.
- Tapas on the Trails: Saturday, Feb. 15, from 5 to 9 pm, at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. Engage with nature — and good food for a special v-day picnic. $95 pp. LOVE & NATURE.
- Houston Roughnecks Game: Sunday, Feb. 16, at 5 pm, at TDECU Stadium. Houston has a new football team! The XFL is a different league and it’s game on for the new team, Houston Roughnecks. Tickets start at $24 — but you can get 20% off if you CLICK HERE!
- Pints & Pinball: Thursday, February 20, 5:30-7:30 pm at Little Dipper. We’re hosting this FREE event with Visit Frisco! Join us for light bites, drinks, giveaways, pinball and plenty of #itsnothouzies! Come out and learn about the Texas Pinball Festival happening later in March. GAME ON.
- Dad Joke Tournament at Eureka Heights: Friday, Feb. 21, from 7 to 9 pm. Want to hear a joke about paper? Never mind, it’s tearable! Houston beer with a side of groans. HA HA HAAAA.
- Grand Opening of Illuminate Sweat: Saturday, Feb 22. at 4pm. There will be a live DJ, food, drinks, and TONS of giveaways from vendors such as Thrive Drip Spa, Infinity Med Spa, The Machine Kitchen, Nutrition Depot, Soul Tribes, Revolve Physical Therapy, JBG Appareal, Rush Sportswear, Curve Activewear, Illuminate Pilates and much more! RSVP Here!
- Mixers and Elixirs: Mardi Gras at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Thursday, Feb. 20, 7 to 10 pm. Click here for more.
- Mardi Gras Parade in Downtown Houston. Saturday, Feb. 22, starting at 1 pm. Click here for more.
- 4th Annual EaDo Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. Saturday, Feb. 22, starting at 3 pm. Tickets start at around $3. Click here for more.
- Brennan’s Mardi Gras Brunch. Sunday, Feb. 23, 11 am to 2 pm. Click here for more.