Houston-based brand, Lola and Lesa took to downtown this weekend for a show full of patterned knit dresses, lacy two-pieces and, my favorite, fur vests, all of which are fit for the runway… and everyday, as the brand brags.
And, capping off a long line of beautiful women of all shapes and sizes, was Naima Mora. “Who’s that?” you might ask if you
know nothing have never seen an episode of America’s Next Top Model. She’s the 2005/cycle 4 winner.
Naima sat down with me after the Lola and Lesa show. Proof:
Here’s five minutes with Naima:
What are the top 5 things you’ve done post-ANTM?
1. Publish my book.
2. My single coming out (in January!). I worked with so many great people on it.
3. I did a TED Talk. (Pause reading, watch it now. See you in 15.)
4. My work with Global Angels Charity.
5. Just being able to reach out and inspire people.
What’s your favorite piece from Lola and Lesa?
The designer sent me this great African-print two-piece, knit body con outfit! I love it! (Like this one!)
What are three things you can’t live without?
1. My family!
2. Good food.
3. Exercise, no. Music! I can go without running.
What’s on your wish list this year?
I love getting perfume. (Her pick? The new Carolina Herrera men’s).
What holiday tradition are you most looking forward to?
EGGNOG! (I support this, Naima)
Sad you missed the show? Click through our slideFASHIONshow.