Happy hopping spring, y’all. Rodeo is here, which is exciting and overwhelming. All things rodeo can be found right here! If you’re looking to diversify your events and commitments, see our below list of events. And come back whenever — we’re always updating our events posts as we learn of more fun things to do.
I was on a segment for Great Day Houston talking about some of Houston’s events this weekend! Click here to check it out.
- March 29-31, 8 pm: Shrek the Musical at Miller Outdoor Theatre! Deets.
- March 30, 8 pm: K.flay at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $18 plus fees. Get them here! She’s a really fun performer — even if you don’t know her songs.
- March 31, 4 to 7 pm: Brenner’s on the Bayou Winefest. ALLLLLLL the wine and bites!!! Tickets for the event are $85 pre-sale/$95 at the door; $150 VIP.
- March 31, 11 a.m.: Meadowlake Pet Resort & Training Center will host a 45-minute beginner flow yoga class taught by a YogaOne Studio instructor and YOU CAN BRING YOUR DOG! Pups 25 pounds and under will be able to be better incorporated into the poses. The cost is $10 to participate and 30 spots are available. To reserve a spot, guests can call Meadowlake at 713-413-1633.
- March 31, 2 to 5 pm: Astros Art show at Off the Wall Gallery. Unveiling of our World Series painting! Event here! You can check it out until April 15 if you miss the event.
- March 31, 1 to 5 p.m.: Project Punchline’s All You Can Eat Crawfish Boil at Budweiser – 775 Gellhorn Dr, Houston, TX 77029. Tickets are $30-$55. Crawfish? Beer? Sold. Bonus: The Budweiser Clydesdales will be on parade at the event! The iconic horses are worth a visit!!
- March 30 and 31, 6:30 and 9:45 pm: Mind Control (live magic!) at iPic Theaters in the River Oaks District. Go to the movies for a live show of tricks and treats! Tickets and more deets here.
- Going on until Sunday: Houston Open at the Golf Club of Houston. Day drink while watching v impressive golf people do v impressive golf things. It’s $35 for grounds tickets and another $35 for parking (FYI, it’s in Humble).
- Sunday, 10 am to 3 pm: Conservatory’s Wonderland (Easter themed!) plus children’s show at Prohibition called Alice. More here!
Oops, this have passed
- When: March 8-11
- Where: Toyota Center
- Why you should go: It’s been 10 years since the big top-turned-arena show has been in town. Expect chandelier swinging, water glass music, hoop juggling, pole dancing, and more. Save $10 on tickets by using the code, “CORTEO10”! Enter to win tickets to opening night here!
Tour de Houston and the Bayou Classic
- When: The Bayou Classic is on Saturday, March 17 at 8 am (a 10K and a family-friendly 5K). Tour de Houston is on Sunday, March 18. Rides starting at 7:30 (60-mile ride), 8 (40-mile ride) and 8:30 am (20-mile ride).
- Where: All bike tours start downtown and head south to Clear Lake. The Bayou Classic is also downtown.
- Why you should go: Whether walking or biking is your jam, both events promote wellness and our amazing city, while also fundraising for a great cause.
- When: Tuesday, March 27th from 6-8 pm
- Where: Nice Winery, 2901 West Sam Houston Pkwy N C-260
- Why you should go: Grab your s/o or a group of gals to learn all about the finer points of wine enjoyment taught by winemaker and Sommelier, Ryan Levy. Meat and cheese pairings! It’s $65 a person. Buy tickets here.
- When: Friday, March 2, from 6 to 9:30 pm.
- Where: Sideout Volleybar, 2623 Keene St.
- Why you should go: Free! Plus networking with other outdoors/sports lovers. Click here for more events from HTX Outdoors!
- When: Saturday, March 3 at 8 am to noon
- Where: Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa 111 North Post Oak Lane
- Why you should go: Register a team and race to raise awareness and money for a great cause. You could even win one of the awards — “most calories burned” sounds very respectable. Sign up and learn more here!
Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta
- When: Saturday, March 10, race begins at 9 am
- Where: Starting Line is at 7700 San Felipe (just west of Voss) and the Finish Line is at Allen’s Landing (1019 Commerce Street). View the map here.
- Why you should go: WE LOVE KAYAKING! And we love a good regatta. (TBT to when we did it in Croatia!) This race sounds super fun to compete or just watch! It’s $55 per person before race day, then $60. $25 for students. More info and sign up here.
- March 31, 4 to 7 pm: Brenner’s on the Bayou Winefest. ALLLLLLL the wine and bites!!!Tickets for the event are $85 pre-sale/$95 at the door; $150 VIP.
- March 23 and 24, 7 and 9 pm shows: Ben Jackson Live. An interactive, cozy magic show performed by a local Houstonian — that’s right, one of us! The show’s at La Colombe d’Or Hotel in Montrose. No Vegas-style grand illusions. Think: interactive blend of sleight-of-hand, theatrical mind reading, and piano playing. See ya there!
March 25, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Hermann Park Conservancy’s Kite Festival. Free! Kites of all shapes and sizes will set sail over Miller Hill and around the Jones Reflection Pool at this FREE family festival featuring entertainment, interactive activities and crafts in the H-E-B Kids’ Zone, friendly kite flying, face painting, food trucks, and much more! A full schedule of performances, activities and further information is available at hermannpark.org/kitefestival.
March 15-17, after the rodeo: Join Bumble this weekend at Armadillo Palace for a Houston Rodeo Afterparty you’ll never forget! FREE DRINKS, Bumble swag, Photobooth + more (just show your Bumble profile to score!) Thursday and Friday from 8-11 pm and Saturday from 6-10 pm. Side note: Crown Royal is giving away $10 Lyft credits with “CROWNRIDES” this weekend, so drive safely!
- March 14, 6:30 to 8:30 pm: DIY Downtown: Cocktail Bitters and Infusions with Pop Shop America at Local Foods downtown. Read more!
- March 3, 7:30 pm: How to be a Ninja at our favorite new climbing gym, Momentum Indoor Climbing. Learn ninja skills from American Ninja Warrior competitor, Isaac Caldiero. Click here to register! It’s free!
- March 24, 6 to 8 pm: Free Mango Punch! concert at Levy Park! That event and more here!