It may be April, but Houston ain’t fooling around on tons of fun events! And, actually, maybe I’m just hungry, but there’s a lot of eating going on around town this month. Wow, we are super blessed.
PS. Did we miss something great? Comment below or email us to let us know and we can add your event to the post!
Darn, missed these:
- Buffalo Bayou in Bloom: Thursday, April 26 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm at the Water Works off Sabine Street. This brand new fundraising soirée that celebrates springtime at Buffalo Bayou Park and benefits BBP’s efforts for continual revitalization of the park and help keep Buffalo Bayou blooming. Tickets are $30 (members)/ $40 (non-members) presale! Get your tickets here!
- Dash Market: Thursday, April 26, to Sunday, April 28, at Silver Street Studios. A full weekend of shopping super cool craftsmen and boutiques. Tickets range from $5 happy hour prices to $25 pre-party. Check out the line up here. PS, we’ve been! Ready our post from last year.
- Ben Jackson Magic: Friday, April 27, at 7 and 9 pm at La Colombe d’Or. Ben is a hilarious and talented magician, and his show is so much fun. Read more in our blog post! Oh, and get your tickets here.
- Shop with a Heart: April 27 through May 6. The American Heart Association’s Shop with a Heart card is available for purchase at shophouston.heart.org. Shoppers with the card ($50 and goes straight to AHA) get 20 percent off regularly priced merchandise at participating retailers, and unique to the Shop With Heart Card, the choice of a complimentary appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an entrée at participating restaurants.
- Get down with The Nightowls: Friday, April 27, 9 p.m. at the Continental Club. The Austin band’s album is set to drop on the 27th too, so that’ll make for an exciting concert for sure! Check out the band here!
- International Justice Mission Houston April Meetup: Saturday, April 28, 9 to 11 am. A come-and-go meeting to interact with fellow volunteers and activists fighting human trafficking here in Houston. More deets here! PS! These are some of the gals I did Dressember with. Join the movement!
- Yoga on the Meadow: Saturday, April 28, from 10 am to 2 pm at The Houstonian. FREE!
- Lounge on the Lawn: Saturday, April 28, from 10 am to 11 pm at Midtown Park.
- Sawyer Yards Spring Biannual Art Stroll: Saturday, April 28, 4 to 9 pm. Meet and mingle with 300 local artists and see them in their natural elements creating their work and even maybe get to take home a new piece. What also makes the Spring Biannual stand out from Second Saturdays is the charitable component. (Read more about what a Second Saturday is!) This year, participating artists will be donating a portion of sales to the Glassell School of Art for a student scholarship to support the continued development of a Houston artist. Learn more!
- Sage & Let Go: Saturday, April 28, from 6 to 8 pm at the Malia Mills pop-up in the River Oaks District. This workshop is designed to teach the power of herbs and flowers to clear energy and space. Bring a yoga mat, positive energy and an open heart. This 2-hour cleansing and guided meditation workshop was created to offer clarity, guidance, and confidence. Tickets are available for $30. Get ’em here.
- Dinner at The Dunlavy benefitting Buffalo Bayou Park: Tuesday, April 17, at 6:30 pm. This exclusive event is a whopping $250 per person, but that money goes straight to rebuilding BBP post Harvey. Yum food plus wine pairings are another perk. More here!
- Shop Luba Pop Up at Hotel Sorella: Wednesday, April 18, 3 to 7 pm. One time and one time only (for now, at least) to shop this brand and a portion of the sales will go to the Houston Area Women’s Center. Sip, bite, shop, repeat. Check out the clothes here.
- “Out From Under the Rug”: Thursday, April 19, and Friday, 20, at 8 pm at Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston (MATCH). Seven men and women will take the stage to share deeply personal abortion-related stories in the effort to shed light on the hotly debated issue of abortion from all different sides and connect the community through compassion, despite differences in beliefs. V deep and v srs. More here.
- Houston Grand Opera Presents New American Opera with Bernstein’s West Side Story: April 20 to May 6 at the Resilience Theater in George R. Brown Convention Center. Tickets start at $18. More!
- Flea Style: Saturday, April 21, 9 am to 5 pm at Silver Street Studios. $5 to shop all cool fashion, home goods and more! More here.
- Cigna Sunday Streets: Sunday, April 22, noon to 4 pm at Emancipation Ave. between Alabama St & Blodgett St. Part bike tour, part walking tour, part block party, completely free.
6th Annual West Houston Food Truck Festival: Sunday, April 22, noon to 4 pm at 13875 Brimhurst Dr. $8 tix get you access to 17 different food trucks (including The Waffle Bus, The Burger Joint, Tila’s Mexican Food, Mad Maxx BBQ, It’s A Wrap, Pho-Jita, SweetRide!, Angie’s CakeBalls, Churrasco’s To Go), wine and beer stations, face painting, a petting zoo, live DJ, balloon artist, traveling magician, and more. Learn more!
- Stella Artois’ Art of Chalice: Monday, April 9, from 6 to 9 pm at the Crystal Ballroom. Local artists doing their thing to celebrate the city of Houston. More deets here.
- Houston Press’ Menu of Menus: Tuesday, April 10, from 7 to 10 at Silver Street Studios. Unlimited samples and tons of fun. PS. We blogged about the event here!
- Jazz & Juleps: Tuesday, April 10, 6 to 8 pm. MFAH hosts this fun event at the Bayou Bend Collection. $35 tickets get you in plus a drink. More here.
- ArtCar Parade: April 12 to 15. Saturday’s the main event, but enjoy a few different events this weekend as art cars take over downtown Houston. Read everything you need to know before you go!
- Matt and Kim at WOMH: April 13, Friday, at 8. This adorable duo has been one of my faves for dance-worthy, soul-happy music. I literally can’t be sad listening to them, so I plan on dancing my butt off at their show. See ya there.
- CultureMap’s Tastemaker Awards: Wednesday, April 4, from 6 to 9 pm at Silver Street Studios. I went last year and it’s amazing — all the food and fun cocktails from all your favorite Houston places! Tickets are $55, but we got $10 off with our code “itsnothouitsme”! Get tix here!
- Mixed Media at MFAH: Friday, April 6, from 8 to midnight. I love drinking and live music and art, and this event checks all the boxes! Plus, your $25 ticket not only gets you into the event and the museum, but also into the new MFAH exhibit, Peacock in the Desert: The Royal Arts of Jodhpur, India. Learn more here.
- First Fridays at Heights Mercantile: Friday, April 6, from 4 pm on. Our new fave shopping center is starting a thing where they invite people out for beer and wine and fun! As seen on insta.
- Encounter on Buffalo Bayou: Saturday, April 7, 1 to 4 pm. Self-guided tour of of six Buffalo East Sector installations by students from the University of Houston Graphic Design Program. It’s free, plus there will be beer and food! Check out more deets here.
- I’ll Have What She’s Having’s Something for Everyone: Sunday, April 8. Three different foodie events in one night. There’s a $99 cocktail event from 4 to 6 pm, a $250 picnic for two at 6:30 pm, and a $500 three-course dinner beginning with a reception at 5:30 pm. All proceeds will fund essential women’s health services at Legacy Community Health, Texas Children’s Hospital and The Rose. Learn more here.