Don’t need a calendar (just a thermometer) to let us know it’s officially summer in Houston! As the days are long and the sun is hot, there are tons of events popping up in town.
Here’s what we got on the agenda for this month — but come back weekly! We’re always adding events we come across.
PS. We’re doing our first summer koozie contest! Click here for more deets and find us at some of these events to grab a koozie from us!
- Skin Care RV’s in town: Sunday-Tuesday, June 17-19. The Skin Cancer Foundation and Walgreens are teaming up to bring the RV to Houston and provide FREE skin cancer screenings and provide skin care samples and guidance on keeping our skin healthy, beautiful and glowing! On Sunday, from 10 am to 3 pm, the bus will be at Blue Field Market (2919 Polk Street) and on Monday and Tuesday from 10 am to 4 pm at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney Street). More deets about the initiative.
- Young Houstonians for Houston Children’s Charity turns one at Hotel ZaZa Museum District: Thursday, June 21, from 6 to 8 pm. Your $20 ticket gets you one free drink, one raffle ticket for some awesome prizes and your chance to win some other goodies. Money raised from this event will go toward helping us reach our goal of purchasing a wheelchair-accessible van offered through Houston Children’s Charity’s Chariots for Children program. Celebrate here. PS. We’ll be at this one!
- United Against Human Trafficking donation-based yoga class at The Space HTX: Thursday, June 21, from 6 to 9 pm. lululemon will be raising awareness for its Here To Be charity partners on International Day of Yoga. Launched in 2016, Here To Be is a community-based social impact program that support the uniting and amplification of yoga service community to create equal access to yoga. Bring $10 to donate and a mat. Flow starts at 7 and connection/mingling at 8. More here.
- Houston Zoo After Dark: Thursday, June 21, 6 pm, at the Houston Zoo. New 21+ crowd event where you can enjoy the zoo, sans children, until 8 pm then the real party starts with booze, music and a silent disco. Tickets are $30, and don’t worry, there will another event like this in the summer. More here.
- “Concert for a Cure” Featuring Country Singer Luke Pell: Thursday, June 21, 7 pm, at The Irish Cowboy. VIP Tickets are $75. Get in here.
- Listen Local – Music on the Plaza: Friday, June 22, from 5 to 7 pm. This free summer music series is premiering on the new Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. Visitors can enjoy live music, a good cart, and cocktails. You can find more information here.
- Celebrate Pride with Le Meridien! Friday June 22- Saturday June 23, In honor of this weekends celebrations get a room in downtown Houston for just $79 (don’t drink and drive). Get the deal here!
- The Gospel According to André screening at the Museum of Fine Arts: Friday, June 22, and Thursday, June 28. For those who loved the Oscar de la Renta exhibit, this new documentary follows style icon André Leon Talley, weaving together footage from the most glamorous moments in fashion history. Tickets and details are available here.
- Houston Pride Festival: Saturday, June 23, noon. It’s the 40th anniversary of this free pride fest — the 4th largest in the country! It starts Downtown (McKinney St and Smith St). Parade is at 8 pm. More here.
- Heights Summer Block Party: Saturday, June 23, from 2 to 6 pm. It’s free to attend this 3rd annual afternoon bikes, bar hopping and enjoying specials from Eight Row Flint, Big Star, Presidio, Eureka Heights, and more. More here.
- Sarah Hobbs at the Texas Summer Music Series at the Marriott Marquis: Saturday, June 23, 6 pm. Concerts are for hotel guests — but hey! Book yourself a staycation or a service at the spa and you can attend for free! More on the hotel here.
- Book release: Houston artist and author, Erin Faith Allen, will launch her second book The In Between: A Travel Memoir, on Saturday June 23rd from 7-10pm in her studio (2101 Winter Street Studios #30B). More here.
- Joris Laarman Lab: Design in the Digital Age at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Sunday, June 24, to Sunday, September 16. This exhibition survey’s the work of experimental Dutch designer Joris Laarman. You can find more details here.
- The Cake at The Alley Theatre: Friday, June 1 to Sunday, July 1, at Alley Theatre. Wedding drama plus lots of sugar in this play by Bekah Brunstetter (NBC’s This Is Us) about three women trying to reach out across a divide that just keeps growing. Tickets and times here. Ps. We’ll be at the June 6 show!
- “David, the Best Slinger in the West” by A.D. Players: Tuesday, June 5, to Friday, June 22. A western twist on David and Goliath that’s fun for all ages. Tickets and times here.
- Mike + Doug Starn: Big Bambú at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston: Sunday, June 10, to Monday, September 3. This is the Museum’s immersive summer exhibition that visitors can explore. You can find more details here.
Later this month
- Taste Ehlers Estate Wines at Nice Winery: Thursday, June 28, from 6 to 8 pm. Ehlers Estate Napa Valley wines are 100% organic and fabulous. Their estate vineyards, located on a historic winegrowing site in the northern part of Napa Valley’s acclaimed St. Helena appellation, are famous for exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and Sauvignon Blanc. It’s 36 per member (limit 2 tickets at this price per membership) and $45 per guest. More here.
- Listen Local – Music on the Plaza: Friday, June 29, from 5 to 7 pm. This free summer music series is premiering on the new Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. Visitors can enjoy live music, a good cart, and cocktails. You can find more information here.
- The Ladies Brunch: Saturday, June 30, from 1 to 4 pm at Harry’s Restaurant. This workshop panel celebrates women empowerment, inspiration, networking, success and social media day. It’s FREE, but everyone will pay $20 for a delicious brunch menu which will be posted closer to the date! Cash will be accepted at the door. More here.
- Jason Allen at the Texas Summer Music Series at the Marriott Marquis: Saturday, June 30, 6 pm. Concerts are for hotel guests — but hey! Book yourself a staycation or a service at the spa and you can attend for free! More on the hotel here.
Oops, missed these:
- Space Center Houston’s Starlight Social: Thursday, May 31, from 7 to 10 pm. Mix and mingle at the Space Center with other YoPros. Tickets are $20 online or $25 at the door. Get tickets here.
- Sound of Music at SPA Houston: Friday, June 1, to Sunday, June 3. The hills are alive for just five performances of The Sound of Music. Times and tickets here. PS. We’ll be at the Friday show!
- Cody Wayne at Little Woodrow’s Midtown: Friday, June 1, at 8 pm. Free evening of country by Texas Country Music Awards Entertainer of the Year, Cody Wayne, who got his start in entertainment as a United States Marine stationed overseas in Iwakumi, Japan. He learned to play the guitar from his roommate and discovered a latent songwriting talent while entertaining his comrades in the Corps. Plus, free!! Grab a beer and jam out. More here.
- Rioja Wine & Tapas Festival: Saturday, June 2, from 1 to 5 pm at at The Corinthian Houston. All you can drink wine and all you can eat tapas makes for the best weekend plans, are we right? Tickets are $65 or $80 for VIP. Buy tickets here. PS. We’ll be at this one!
- First Saturday Arts Market: Saturday, June 2, from 6 to 10 pm, at 530 W. 19th St.
The Heights market has been showcasing fine artists to Houston since 2004 — Houston’s longest running monthly outdoor fine arts event! Find up to 55 white canopied tents, set up by the artists, representing many popular art mediums. Paintings, sculpture, jewelry, wood arts, glass, fiber arts, and photography just scratch the surface of the amazing talent that rotates through this mini outdoor festival each month. PLUS, music all day by original singer/songwriters, popular food trucks and beer, cider and wine to sample or buy. More deets here!
- Direct Energy Presents Annika Chambers in Concert at Levy Park: Saturday, June 2, from 6 to 10 pm. Two other blues concerts presented by Levy Park (LP) earlier in the day will precede the headliner, including Houston Blues Society acts Lil’ Terry & the Blues Birds featuring Tony Vega at 12:30 p.m. and Jonn Del Toro Richardson Band at 3 p.m. All Levy events here.
- Pack Your Bags Challenge at the Buffalo Bayou Cistern, Friday June 8 12:30-1:30pm. Join us with Great Day Houston for a chance to win a staycation at the Le Meridian in Downtown Houston! Learn more about the event here. ++get a koozie! RSVP to the FB event!
- Global Running Day! Wednesday, June 6, 6-8pm at Kung Fu Running Club. Run starts at 6:30pm. Get swag and sign up for the Houston Marathon & Half Marathon. Here’s why you should sign up for this iconic race!
- Wine and Food Week in The Woodlands: Monday, June 4, to Sunday, June 10, at various locations in The Woodlands. A whole slew of events filled with yum food and, of course, wine! Click here for tickets. Read more in our blog post!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards: Saturday, June 9, from 6 to 10 pm, at Sawyer Yards. Surrounded by the highest concentration of working artists in all of Texas, the market coincides with 2nd Saturday Open Studios, when artists from The Silos at Sawyer Yards, Winter, Spring, Summer and Silver Street Studios, open their studios to the public. More deets here.
- Global Running Day Runs: Wednesday June 6, 6-8pm various locations around town including: Memorial Park, Kung Fu Running Club, Pheoneix on Westheimer, and RacePace! Come join the Houston Marathon Ambassadors for a fun run and sign up for the 2019 Race! Here’s why you should run the race.
- “Play” by the Houston Ballet: Friday, June 8, to Sunday, June 10 at George R. Brown. Performed to Moby’s iconic album, Welch’s beloved Play is a contemporary commentary on the beauty in our daily routines. More here.
- Second Saturday Open Studios & Art Market: Saturday, June 9, 12pm – 7pm at Sawyer Yards. Tour studios, shop art, visit with artists, enjoy food truck fare and live music. Entrance is free and happens each month! Learn more here.
- Astros watch party at Pluckers: Saturday, June 9, at 6:15 pm at Pluckers Memorial City. Something about rallying together as a group (whilst eating wings) really makes for a fun experience!
- HBD to Cane Rosso: Monday, June 11, from 5 to 10 pm at Cane Rosso in the Heights. $1 pizza and $5 cocktails sounds like the best way to celebrate one of our favorite pizza place’s second birthday! Click here to read more.
- Houston Axe Throwing Day: Wednesday, June 13, 5 to 8 pm, at Houston Axe Throwing. This axe party is double edged. Celebrate the sport and the location’s second birthday. Open house style means trying your hand at axe throwing in quick, 30 minute lessons and chowing down on food from Happy Endings food truck. Read more here.
- 2017 Nice Rosé Release Party: Wednesday, June 13, from 6 to 8 pm at Nice Winery. Come taste and celebrate the release the newest vintage of the Rosé charity wine! Every bottle of Nice Rosé sold benefits The Emma Jacobs Breast Cancer Foundation, which supports the critical work of Dr. Lucci at MD Anderson. Chef Ian will be preparing light bites. Tickets are $36 and $10 of each ticket sold will be donated to Emma Jacob’s Breast Cancer Foundation. Read why we love Nice Winery here! Get event deets here.
- William Chris Vineyards at Revival Market: Thursday, June 14, at 5 or 8 pm. One of Texas’ favorite wineries is showcasing top Texas wine brands’ summer favorites. Click here for tickets.
- Listen Local – Music on the Plaza: Friday, June 15, from 5 to 7 pm. This free summer music series is premiering on the new Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. Visitors can enjoy live music, a good cart, and cocktails. You can find more information here.