Happy Rodeo Month! Ok, we know, you’ve had enough talk of rodeo — even now that we’ve barely started! Here’s a list of non-rodeo events to break up the month a little!
- The Big Fake Wedding: Sunday, March 24, 7 to 9 pm at The Meekermark. Great food. Open bar. Beautiful design. Dance party. Fake married, real fun.
- Houston Cocktail Fest: Saturday, March 23, 7 to 11 pm, at Silver Street Studios. Whether your a bartender or don’t know what a strainer is, all that’s important is that you love a good drink. More.
- The Rink at Discovery Green: It’s back! From March 1 to April 21, you can roll through the park as The Ice melts into The Rink. Read more about The Rink here!
Later this month
- CultureMap Houston Tastemaker Awards: Wednesday, March 27, 6 to 9 pm at Silver Street Studios. Calling all foodies! This is THE event of the season for celebrating Houston’s food scene. More here.
- Ali Wong: The Milk & Money Tour: Wednesday, March 27, at Revention Center. The baby cobra is coming to Houston! More.
- Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park: Friday-Sunday, March 29-31 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The fine art festival brings 20,000 art patrons to Memorial Park for a three days consisting of 300 artists from around the country, plenty of good eats and food trucks, music entertainment, crafts in the Children’s Creative Zone and so much more!
- MetroDances: Saturday, March 30, on the Red Line. Rethink your commute with this artistic opportunity. More here.
- Downtown Houston Home Tour: Saturday, March 30, 10 am to 5 pm. Urban living is pretty freaking cute if you’re doing it right — and these places definitely are. Home sweet home.
Darn, missed these.
- Mardi Gras Houston: Saturday, March 2, in Downtown Houston. Got some NOLA FOMO? Celebrate Mardi Gras from Houston with this pub crawl. More here.
- Greater Heights Crawfish Festival & Parade: Saturday, March 2, from 11:30 am to 5 pm. Parade through the Heights and finish up with crawfish. More.
- Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama: Saturday, March 2, 8 pm, at the Toyota Center. Former first lady in H-town?! Sign us up.
- Saint Arnold Mardi Gras Ball 2019: Saturday, March 2, from 6 to 9 pm. An evening of Mardi Gras fun, entertainment by the Bayou City Brass Band, beer, and food. More.
- Rodeo-themed brunch at BB Lemon: Saturday and Sunday March 2 and 3. Saddle up for a wild brunch featuring live music by famed country singer, Rich O’Toole, and take a ride on a mechanical bull in the garden. Space is limited, and reservations are required. Call 713.554.1809 or book on OpenTable. (There is no cost to attend, but guests will pay their regular bill after eating. Everyone must call ahead to book a table.)
- Mardi Craw at The Rustic: Fat Tuesday, March 5, 5 to 11 pm. Live music by The South Austin Moonlighters and a crawfish boil, jambalaya, face painting, beads and special Swamp Thing and Hurricane frozen cocktails thanks to Bacardi! More.
- Mardi Gras at Galveston: Until March 5. This is THE best Mardi Gras party in the Houston area. Prepare to feel like you’re in NOLA. More here.
- 3rd Annual Harvest Green Chef Fest: Sunday, March 10, noon to 4 pm. Join 10 top Houston chefs for a feast of freshness! More here.
- Fashion District Pop Up: March 11-17, 2-4 pm, at various locations. Calling all fashionistas! Learn more here.
- Rooftop Cinema Club returns! Wednesday, March 13. A whole new season of film faves from this rooftop movie theater. Read more about the experience.
- Light Circus Spring Break concert at Karbach: Saturday, March 16, 6 to 11 pm, at Karbach. Ghostland Observatory and Neon Indian (DJ set) with enthralling light displays — and delicious beer. What more can you ask for? Cheers!
- St. Patrick’s Day: Sunday, March 17. Read about how to celebrate here!