April is one of my favorite months because it means warmish weather — without being suffocated and sweaty — and tons of fun events!
- Sojourn Cellars at Nice Winery: Monday, April 15, from 6 to 8 pm. Sherrie from Sonoma’s Sojourn Cellars, which specializes in artisan Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon, brings her sips to Nice. It’s $45 per person. WINE NOT.
- Game of Thrones Trivia at King’s BierHaus: Thursday, April 18, at 7 pm. The ultimate pregame before the last GoT season! DRINK AND KNOW THINGS.
- Buffalo Bayou in Bloom: Thursday, April 18, 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Join the Buffalo Bayou young professionals, The Currents, to celebrate springtime and fundraise at this event with music from DJ FXBOXOLMOS, light bites, libations and more at Buffalo Bayou Park! We’ll be there if you want a koozie! BLOOMIN!
Harris Phest on 420: Saturday, April 20, at 8th Wonder Brewery. The brewery is honoring a friend who passed away for the 3rd year. It’s beer, bites, and beats with no cover — proceeds go to a fund at HSPVA. CHEERS.
- The Rink at Discovery Green: It’s back! From March 1 to April 21, you can roll through the park as The Ice melts into The Rink. Read more about The Rink here!
Later this month
Learn How To Blend Wine with Justin Winery: Tuesday, April 23, from 6 to 8 pm. Have you ever wondered how winemakers determine the varietals we blend to make an iconic wine? Join Nice Winery and Master Sommelier, Joseph Spellman, for a hands-on class to learn about the characteristics each varietal brings to the blend of JUSTIN Isosceles and the opportunity to make your own blends! Limited to 34 participants. The class is $85 per person. BACK TO SCHOOL.
- Dining Out For Life: Thursday, April 25, all day! Eat out at a participating restaurant and a portion of the proceeds goes to AIDS Foundation Houston.(You can also just donate directly here!) FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
- Mixed Media – Vincent van Gogh: His Life in Art: Friday, April 26, 8 pm to midnight. ‘Ear, ‘ear to the man, the myth, the legend that is Vincent van Gogh. He’d want us to drink in honor of his exhibit at MFAH. ART AND DRINKS.
- Liberate Local HOUSTON, a concert to end slavery: Friday, April 26, from 7 to 9:30 pm at First Presbyterian Houston. Join Audrey Assad, Sara Groves and the Robbie Seay Band for one powerful night in your city packed with music, story and prayer to help free thousands from slavery. DO GOOD.
- Heads and Tails at 8th Wonder Brewery: Sunday, April 28, from noon to 4 pm. Crawfish, brews, and tunes. $35 ahead of time and $45 at the door. CRAYFISH.
7th Annual West Houston Food Truck Festival: Sunday, April 28, Noon to 4 pm. The 7th annual Food Truck Festival, hosted by the Temple Sinai Brotherhood, is benefittinf The Houston Food Bank. Enjoy over 16 different fantastic Houston food trucks, beer, wine, and fun for the whole family! Entertainment includes bounce houses, face painting, a balloon artist, a strolling magician, a petting zoo, the Houston SWAT Team and music provided by Mixdoctors. Admission is only $8 per person and children 12 and under are free. TRUCK YES.
Darn, missed these.
- “The Veil of Orpheus: Cy Twombly and Music” at the Menil: Tuesday, April 2, 7:30 pm. MUSIC.
- Opening Day at Biggio’s: Friday, April 5, starting at 2 pm. Game watch (or pregame!) with tons of specials, a DJ, giveaways, and more. Plus, we’ll be there! Find us for a koozie! GO STROS!
- Opening Day Specials with B&B and BB Lemon: Friday, April 5. Upgrade your ballpark dog and Uber ride to the game with Berg Hospitality’s specials and free ride to the stadium. PLAY BALL.
- Spring Home and Garden Home Tour in the Heights: Saturday, April 6, to Sunday, April 7, from noon to 6 pm. Five beautiful homes and gardens including bus shuttle to all the homes. KNOCK, KNOCK.
- Pokeworks Grand Opening in the Galleria Area: Saturday, April 6, from open to close. BOGO poke bowls and tons of prizes! OKAY, POKE.
- Texas Gumbo Cookoff at Henderson Heights: Saturday, April 6, 2 to 6 pm. All you can eat gumbo and 5 drink tickets! YUMMMM!
- 10th annual Brenner’s on the Bayou Wine Fest: Saturday, April 6, 4 to 7 pm. Live music, amazing food, and alllll the wine. Tickets are $89 ahead of time or $99 at the door. VIP is $150. WINE NOT?
- Floral Hoop and Paper Flower Workshop with Picked Flower Co.: Saturday, April 6, 5 to 8 pm, at The Creative Chateau. Learn to make paper flower arrangements and sip on mimosas with the gals. Get 20 percent off your tickets with the code, “itsnothouitsme20”! FLOWER POWER.
- POSTPONED TO MAY 19: Tacos Over Texas: Sunday, April 7, noon to 4 pm, at the Original Ninfa’s on Navigation. Tickets are $40 and come with unlimited tacos + 2 drink tickets. ($200 VIP gets you open bar and early access). TACO PARTY!
- Brews for Babies at Karbach Brewing Co.: Tuesday, April 9, from 6 to 10 pm. $20 donation gets you 3 drink tokens and a pint glass for your collection. YEAH BABY.
- Houston Press Menu of Menus: Tuesday, April 9, from 7 to 10 pm at Silver Street Studios. Unlimited food samples from 35+ restaurants. Tickets start at $59, but get $10 off with code “ITSNOTHOUITSME”. FEED ME.
- Jazz and Juleps: Tuesday, April 9, from 6 to 8 pm at the Bayou Bend Collections and Gardens. GET JAZZY.
- Spanish Wines with Beronia Winemaker: Wednesday, April 10, from 6 to pm, at Nice Winery. Sip wine with Matías Calleja, Winemaker of Bodega Beronia, to taste and learn about their amazing wines from La Rioja, Spain! Delicious Spanish Paella created by Chef Ian will be served. It’s $50 per person. WINE AND DINE.
- Game of Thrones Trivia at King’s BierHaus: Thursday, April 10, at 7 pm. The ultimate pregame before the last first episode of a GoT season! DRINK AND KNOW THINGS.
- Houston Art Car Parade Weekend: Thursday, April 11, to Sunday, April 14. It’s a full weekend of festivities, and we have the lowdown! VROOM, VROOM.
- 72 Miles |72 Stories Community Celebration: Thursday, April 11, to Saturday, April 13, at Alley Theatre. This free show (reserve tickets here) is the culmination of student talent from El Zócalo. VAMANOS.
- Nutcracker Market Spring Spectacular at NRG Center: Friday, April 12, to Sunday, April 14. Same shopping fun as the Christmas market, but this one puts a spring in your step. SHOP TIL YOU DROP.
- ’80s Night at Howl at the Moon: Friday, April 12, all night long. Hang out at this Midtown favorite with you side ponies and neon. WOOF.
- “Crimes of the Heart” at the Alley Theatre: Friday, April 12, to May 5. All local actors are cast in this comedy — so don’t miss it! PLAY ON!
- Spin and Flow: Saturday, April 13, from 1 to 3 pm. Four different spins and yoga practices to choose from! SPIN-YASA.
- Free Yoga at MFAH: Sunday, April 14, 11 am. Join Black Swan Yoga and the Museum of Fine Arts, atop the beautiful BBVA Compass Roof Garden, with a 360 degree view of Houston. YA DOWN, DOG?
- Earth Day Party: Sunday, April 14, at Discovery Green. Hug a tree and have some fun at this free event. NATURE.