Helloooooo November! This is our favorite month. First of all, it usually finally feels like fall about now. And, more importantly, it’s birthday month — for both the It’s Not Hou founders and for the blog itself! Mark your calendars — November 26! Click here to RSVP and learn more!
- Cane Rosso Beer Dinner with Eureka Heights Brewery: Tuesday, November 12, 7-9 pm. Cane Rosso The Heights will be partnering up with Eureka Heights Brew Co for a Heights-centric beer dinner. This special dinner will center around Cane Rosso chefs pairing signature dishes with Eureka Height’s award-winning beer and include off-menu items you can only experience at the dinner! CHEERS.
- Hangar Bash: Saturday, Nov. 16, from 2 to 6 pm at the Lone Star Flight Museum. Guests will be treated to world-class championship BBQ, a variety of craft beer from Houston’s best breweries, live music from Molly & The Ringwalds, tours of the museum’s historic aircraft collection, and more. TAKE FLIGHT.
- Nutcracker Market: Thursday, Nov. 14, to Sunday, Nov. 17, at NRG Center. Shop ’til you drop with THE holiday shopping event of the season! Get gadgets and gizmos a plenty for your friends and fam (or for just you, no judgement). Read more about this event and how to get tickets here.
- Bridge Bash at Memorial Park: Friday, November 15, from 7 to 10 pm, at 7575 N Picnic Ln. The theme is “glow in the park” — how fun is that! Tickets are $75 and go to a great cause! GET LIT.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Electric After Party: Saturday, November 16, from 9 pm to midnight, at BBBS Lone Star. Dance the night away while supporting an incredible cause! ELECTRIC SLIDE ON IN.
- PULSATE: A Vampire Musical: November 11-21. PULSATE is a fully immersive new musical about vampires, witches, and werewolves told through an electropop score. This is not your traditional musical… so get yourself ready for a night of aerial wizardry, vampiric fights, dancing, sexy beats, and a bit of blood. Audience members are encouraged to dress up in vampire, witch, or werewolf cosplay! VAMP.
- Texas Renaissance Festival: October 4 through December 1. Here, ye, here ye, all you good lords and ladies. It’s that time of year again! Grab your old fashioned dresses and see you on the faregrounds! RENFESTING.
- Heights Morning Market: Every Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm in the Heights! SHOP TIL YOU DROP!
- Third Thursday Bingo Nights at Market Square Park: Every 3rd Thursday from May to October. Do you feel lucky, punk? DO YOU?
- Joystix freeplay Friday: First and last Fridays of the month from 9 pm to 2 am. It’s $15 cash to play allllll the arcade games you’ve ever wanted. More.
Later this month
- Frostival at Discovery Green: Friday, Nov. 22, 6 to 8pm. Ice skating, music, ice sculptures, and more in one of our favorite parks in town. Ice, ice, baby. (The Ice at Discovery Green opens this same day and goes on throughout the rest of the season. Learn more here.)
- Via Colori Festival 2019: Saturday, Nov. 23. More deets to come on this annual fest that benefits the Center for Hearing and Speech. MORE COLOR PLEASE.
- Zoo Lights begins! Saturday, Nov. 23, at the Houston Zoo. Frolic after dark with the animals all season long at this festive event for those young and old! More here.
- Houston Margarita Festival: Saturday, Nov. 23, from noon to 10 pm, in Houston Waterworks in Buffalo Bayou Park. Margs of every flavor, live music, and skyline views. BRAIN FREEZE AHEAD.
- Friendsgiving Market at Karbach Brewing Co: Sunday, Nov. 24, from noon to 8 pm at Karbach Brewing Co. Amazing local artists, vintage curators and local makers bringing out a wonderful selection to get a jump start on that holiday shopping! BEERS AND BUYS.
- OUR BIRTHDAY PARTY!! Tuesday, Nov. 26, from 6 to 8 pm at Tikila’s. Raffle for fun prizes, drink and food specials, koozies, and US!! LET’S PARTY!
- Thanksgiving Weekend: Thursday, Nov. 28, to Sunday, Dec. 1. Make a whole weekend out of Turkey Day! Tons of hotel deals and activities to do around downtown — check out the full guide here!
- 70th Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade: Thursday, Nov. 28, from 9 to 10 am, in downtown Houston. The Voice contestant, Simone Gundy, will light up this year’s parade with a performance from “The Greatest Showman” in collaboration with local talent from the Houston Contemporary Second Company and Aldine Carver Dance Company. Plus, a musical number from Theatre Under the Stars’ (TUTS) “Elf—The Musical,” Apache Belles and much more. The parade will feature 12 HIGH-FLYING BALLOONS and 13 FLOATS including the famous Tom Turkey and Santa Claus. Additionally, the parade will include eight performing groups and eight marching bands from across the state. LET’S MARCH.
- BarkerRipley Houston Turkey Trot: Thursday Nov 28. Earn your turkey with this fun run supporting BakerRipley! I’ve done this one before and I had a lot of fun. It’s kind of exciting to have something (other than cooking and eating) to wake up to. Get $5 OFF Registration with our code “ITSNOTHOU” for the 5K or the 10K Race. Register.
Darn, missed these…
- Whole Foods Market Grand Opening in Midtown Houston: Thursday, Nov. 7, from 8 am to 10 pm. Enjoy complimentary samples from your favorite Houston-area suppliers, and the first 200 customers in line when doors open at 8 am will receive a Whole Foods Market “Secret Saver” Card, valued between $5 and $10 , along with a token valid for a Midtown canvas tote bag with their purchase that day. LET’S SHOP.
- Houstonia’s 5th Annual Burger Bash: Thursday, Nov. 7, from 6 to 9 pm, at CityCentre. Burgers from across the city join forces for one night only! $35 gets you unlimited bites and two drinks. LET’S MEAT.
- Hollerpalooza: Saturday, Nov. 9, from 11 am to 10 pm, at Holler Brewery. HBD to one of our fave breweries!! Cheers to three, Holler! More here!
- Astroworld Fest: Saturday, Nov. 9, at NRG. Travis Scott has resurrected Astroworld on an international scale with his album. For the second year, he’s taking to the old site of Astroworld for a music fest which he created and is headlining. Stargaze.
- Houston Grilled Cheese Fest: Saturday, Nov. 9, at Midtown Park, from 12:30-7:30 pm. This has got to be the cheesiest party in town. It’ll run you $55 and up but you bread it’ll be worth it. THANK CHEESUS.