Y’all Cinco de Mayo is coming up! Houston has no shortage of amazing Tex-Mex restaurants and fabulous margaritas. Enjoying a family-style pitcher or margarita kit in Houston in the comfort of your own home is delightful (and safe!) alternative to a fiesta out on the town.
If you’re craving something in particular, it’s worth giving your favorite restaurant a call to see if they’re doing curbside and what their menu options are. I’ve found that checking the social media of Houston restaurants is the best place to go to see the latest deals.
Heads up: this post is sponsored by our friends at Studewood Cantine. They have some of the best margarita and fajita deals in town. They will be open for limited seatings on Cinco de Mayo. Call now to make a reservation 713-864-1100! If you mention “It’s Not Hou It’s Me” when placing your order to-go, you can get 10% off!
Where to get Margaritas To-Go in Houston
Here are my favorite spots to enjoy a margarita that have amazing pitchers and margarita kits in Houston for Cinco de Mayo. Fire up the Zoom, call your at-home fiesta is about to get lit.
- Studewood Cantine (Heights): Dive into a plate of tasty fajitas and wash it down with a pitcher of margaritas to-go! Full gallon is $50, half gallon is $25, and quarter gallon is $15. The half-gallon has about 6 servings. You can get flavored margaritas! Pro tip: Get your margs frozen so by the time you get home they’re the perfect melted state between on the rocks. The veggie fajitas are ahhh-mazing and gave me so many leftovers. Studewood Cantine also serves crawfish if you’re into that. They will be open for limited seatings on Cinco de Mayo. Call now to make a reservation 713-864-1100. Place your to-go orders online.
- Armando’s (Upper Kirby): Missing a little Thursday night fiesta? Transform your living room into the Armando’s dance floor with one of their margarita kits in Houston with curbside pickup. Place your orders 3pm to 8pm at 713-520-1738.
- Cadillac Bar (Washington Ave.): Margaritas are now available to-go at the “Taco Me Crazy truck”, flavors include Blue Cancun, Island Melon, Mexican Candy, Strawberry Oasis, Pink Starburst, Just Peachy. Get 10% off to-go orders of food. Call 713-862-2020 to place your orders.
- Cantina Barba (Heights): Get yourself a margarita kit ($45) with a quart of margarita mix, tequila, and mezcal chili salt. They also have a ranch water, palomas, and frozen margarita kits if you prefer your tequila another way. Place your orders for food and drinks online between 10am – 9pm.
- Cascabel Vegan(Memorial): Dive into vegan versions of all your favorite Tex-Mex staples—quesadillas, tacos, tortilla soup, burritos, nachos, flan. The food here is so good, I guarantee you won’t miss the meat. Wash everything down with a Tamarindo Margarita. Delivery and curbside for alcohol orders. Call 713-999-9551 to order.
- Chuy’s (multiple locations): Customize your on-the-rocks or frozen margarita kit in Houston with your choice of tequila. Alcohol sales are for pickup and curbside only. All orders come with complimentary Chips, Salsa Fresca and Creamy Jalapeño. Call your local Chuy’s to place an order.
- Eight Row Flint (Heights): Margarita kit in Houston for delivery when paired with food. Choose from 9($70) or 5 ($45) margaritas. I live and die by the Brussels sprout tacos. Call 832-767-4002 to place your orders.
- El Tiempo (multiple locations): You can’t go wrong with a heaping platter of El Tiempo fajitas and margs. Get your margaritas by the glass or gallon (serves 6) for pick-up. Only the Westheimer, Woodlands, Webster and Washinton Ave locations are open. Call to place your order.
- Fusion Taco (Downtown): Get yourself a quarantine survival kit aka a margarita kit for Houstonians that makes 3 really strong margaritas. Get yours frozen on-the-rocks for $13. Call (713) 422-2992 to place your taco and marg order.
- Hugo’s (Montrose): Score a margarita kit including El Jimador blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, orange-agave nectar cordial, and Gran Gala orange liqueur for $44. Pair with some of Houston’s finer Mexican cuisine. Place your orders online before 8pm.
- Los Tios (multiple locations): Offering margaritas to-go and for curbside pickup at its San Felipe, Beechnut, and Memorial locations. Choose from individual ($8) or pitcher ($45) and family style dinners that serve 6. Call your fav location to place your order.
- Ninfa’s (EaDo, Galleria): Ninfarita is available by the glass for $9, half gallon for $50 or a gallon for $90 with food order. All margarita kits in Houston come with the Ninfarita mix, bottles of tequila, limes and salt. Open for delivery and curbside pickup. Call your preferred location to place your order.
- Pico’s (Upper Kirby): With an order of food, you can choose from a selection of margarita kits to-go for $99. Place your orders online.
- Rainbow Lodge (Heights):Not the first place you might think of when it comes to Cinco de Mayo in Houston, but I would be remiss to not include the hibiscus margarita cocktail kit on this list. It’s $40 and serves 6. Call 713-861-8666 to place your order.
- Superica (Heights): Get a margaritas at home kit that serves 6 cocktails ($45) and include El Jimador Tequila, agave nectar and fresh lime juice. Pair it with a food order from Superica or La Lucha. Place your orders online.
Want some more ideas on where to find cocktails and alcohol to-go in Houston? Check out our list of 100+ places serving curbside or delivery alcohol.
Dress up your margs:
Get yourself ready for a summertime fiesta with some fun kitchen glassware and party accessories. Check out these fun items to dress up your margaritas: