It’s cuffing season, y’all! You can tell by the weather… and the fact that Valentine’s Day is *just* around the corner. I have a few ideas for how to spend it that aren’t your run-of-the-mill dinner or drinks (which are also totally acceptable for a date in Houston — we have amazing dinner and drinks!)
By the way, I’ve got some other V-day content for ya — while these articles are older and might be somewhat out of date, they might make for some fun inspo for how to spend the holiday!
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Galentine’s Day Ideas
- 9 Date Ideas for Every Type of Couple
- 10+ Date Night Restaurant Recs
Anyways, on to the fresh content! Here are my five best recs for a fun date!
Nothing says cute date like putt-putt! I mean seriously — pretend you’re high school sweethearts and maybe put something in a bet for the loser to do for the winner? Winner gets to pick the Pixar movie he/she desperately craves after playing the 18-hole course?
Plus, the pop-up is running a special! Purchase your Pixar Putt tickets for Friday, February 11th, or Saturday, February 12th, and receive free access to The Grove’s rooftop from 5-10 PM to enjoy a complimentary Valentine’s Day dessert bar, cash bar, and gorgeous views of Downtown Houston.
- Date cost: $66 (for 2 tickets)
- Before/after: If you’re not taking up the Grove’s special, maybe plan a picnic in Discovery Green or even book a room at the Marriott Marquis!
- Other important info: BOOK IN ADVANCE! Pixar Putt’s hours are Monday-Wednesday, 3-10 PM, Thursday-Friday, 3-11 PM, Saturday-Sunday, 10AM-10 PM. (After Dark 18+ Only on Thursday-Saturday, 7-11 PM).
- Book now!
Hey, how about a date that’s out of this world? The Infinite is an incredible experience and perfect for a date night. The whole shebang is around an hour — it starts with interactive VR where you’re walking around the ISS, then you sit for another type of VR program, and finally you walk through a space themed multimedia art exhibit!
- Date cost: $72 (for two tickets)
- Before/after: Pregame with beer at one of my fave spots Holler Brewery (closer) or Buffalo Bayou (a bit further of a walk)
- Other important info: Wear comfy shoes and be sure to browse Sawyer Yards after!
- Book now!
You know what they say – crafts make the heart grow fonder. OK, no one says that, but I still think it’s super fun to do some crafting together! I love The Rustic Brush because not everyone has to do the same thing! Which is nice for a date night especially if the couple is already cohabitating, y’know?
The Galleria location will have DIY workshops all weekend (Friday, February 11th – Monday, February 14th) celebrating Valentine’s Day with free food and beverages for all guests. Bring your bestie or your loved one to make a beautiful piece of home decor with your own hands – stain it, build it with power tools, and paint it! You must book ahead to reserve your spot and choose your project.
- Date cost: $90+ (Prices start at $45/person)
- Before/after: Not exactly nextdoor, but The Rustic (you see what I did here, right?) would be a perfect meet-up or post painting dinner/drinks featuring live music! Rustic squared kind of night!
- Other important info: Browse online for some inspo or to plan ahead for what you want to make!
- Book now!
Dine In The Dark
I have to preface this with it might not be possible to make this a date on or around V-Day but I have to say it’s SUCH a fun activity so I’m including it anyways!
Mastrano’s is such an incredible neighborhood eatery in the Heights, and Fever (a national brand that coordinates pop-up experiences) is partnering up with the restaurant for semi-monthly dining in the dark dinners!
- Date cost: $160 (includes 2 tickets and 3 courses each)
- Before/after: Sonoma is just down the street for another glass of wine!
- Other important info: Drinks aren’t included — it’s $27 for the 2-drink pairing
- Book now!
I’ve gone axe throwing on a date before — it was early on and it was SO fun to have something to do that wasn’t just staring at each other over a couple of drinks and asking how many siblings you have. Plus, you learn a new skill and get to compete a bit!
Psss… all my single lads/ladies! Feb. 11 is their singles night for $40!
- Date cost: Usual price is $25 pp but during V-day weekend, it’s $35 and you get a drink included in that!
- Before/after: Guess what… Urban Axes is in a strip of spots that has a cidery (City Orchard), a brewery (Urban South), and a BBQ spot (Fainmous BBQ). Take your pick — I love all three!
- Other important info: Closed toed shoes are required and the whole place is cashless!
- Book now!