I did something kind of stupid. I started the Whole30 diet/challenge/masochism. The basic premise is clean eating. So, no added sugars, no processed foods, no dairy, no anything good (basically).
You do eat:
- Veggies (my friends)
- Fruits (you cool too)
- Meat (thank god!)
- Nuts (mmmm)
You do not eat:
- Alcohol (wait, what)
- Dairy (dear, cheese. I miss you.)
- Bread, pasta, rice, etc. (but.. but…)
- Potatoes (like, almost a deal breaker)
You refrain from these things for, you guessed it, 30 days.
I will say that this is an extremely reasonable diet. It inspires me to be creative, use pinterest, google things, spend $50 less at the grocery store, and you get it. But sometimes I want a hunk of cheese followed by a Shiner.
Here are some things I DO get to eat. #FoodPix
Ten Thoughts I Had During Week One
- If I’m not drinking, what do I do with my hands?
- Cheese. Is. On. Everything.
- I guess I’m the best person to go out with, because I’ll drive.
- You can’t make a smoothie without milk, can you?
- Pin. Pin. Pin. Pin.
- I feel like I bring the party down if I’m not drinking. Usually you drink more because everyone else is, but now I’m making my friends more sober.
- I feel a little less energized.
- I’m ready to forget about focusing on food, but I’ve never not focused on food. BC I LOVE IT.
- I’m an amazing chef. I have, like, four seasonings and my food still tastes great.
- I’m no longer scared of cooking seafood! Brush ma shoulders off.
*Disclaimer: Week two I spend some time in NYC… so no, bro. I’m not going to not drink slash eat pasta/pizza. Friday and Saturday will be cheat days. Get over it.*