You live in an apartment. It’s been a great 12 months. You’ve had your debacles with resident staff, you’ve submitted your fair share of maintenance requests, you’ve day drank too hard at the community pool, and before you know it you’ve put in your 60-day notice, called some movers and have found your way into bigger, better, and cheaper living situations. So while you may be all
excited stressed about unpacking and setting up your new place and sending out that classy invitation with calligraphy Facebook invite to all your friends for your housewarming party. You must not overlook one of the greatest opportunities you have with your friends to gather and drink….. And that ladies and gentlemen is an Empty Apartment Party.
Take advantage of all your new found space for activities and cool your apartment with a bang. Here’s how to host the #EmptyApartmentParty of the year.
1. Find an Empty Apartment. Ideally this should be yours. But if you stumble upon an unoccupied one, you are more than welcome to use that one as well, I suppose. If it is yours, be sure to clear everything out. You will need lots of space for activities. You never know what might be in your future. There could be a Slide n Slide. Be prepared.
2. Leave the essentials. There are a few things that should be left at the Empty Apartment, including: toilet paper, speakers, alcohol, trash bags, cat ears.
- Make jokes with your guests. Don’t you love what I’ve done with the place? I really cleaned up for you guys!
- Do an all house shotgun….in your living room. For the love of the game! Amiright?!
- Slap the bag in your living room. Pro tip: train for this activity with a few bicep curls beforehand. Because five liters of Sunset Blush is heavy y’all.
- Ice someone. Props if its the host. In their empty bedroom.
- Share your secrets on the floor. There are no chairs, so where else are you going to have a late night heart-to-heart?!
- Stand on your counter. It’s not like you ever have to eat on it again!
- Empty the apartment again. Perfect excuse to get rid of those weird ends of triple sec and peppermint schnapps you’ve been holding onto for months. The randos you invited won’t know what hit them.
Once you’ve sufficiently emptied your apartment of all the alcohol, cut the music, kick out the people, and post game on the town. Or just skip to the 3am snackage and fast forward to brunch where you relive your #EmptyApartmentParty glory.