Peli Peli might be the Galleria’s best kept secret (there’s actually two locations, but the other is, like, far). Have you heard of it? If not, don’t feel bad. It looks like a tiny lil shop or something on the first floor near Saks and Forever 21. But actually it’s a pretty big, kinda upscale restaurant. We’re talking pricey plates and pinky raised cocktails. Here’s what you need to know before you go:
Peli Peli Vintage Park
110 Vintage Park Blvd., Suite P
Houston, Texas 77070
Peli Peli Galleria
5085 Westheimer Rd Ste B2515
Houston, Texas 77056
- Peli Peli is South African grub. Yeah, I didn’t know what that meant either. Let’s let them describe it:
Peli Peli’s cuisine, known as South African Fusion, features authentic South African delicacies along with American steak, chicken and seafood favorites that are prepared in Chef Paul Friedman’s South African style. This style includes marinades, seasonings and spices used in South African cuisine with Dutch, Portuguese and Asian influences.
- They boast of being romantic. Take a date (one with deep pockets, probs).
- The patio is pretty awesome (and close to the bar, so it feels a little more casual). There’s actually a non-mall entrance via the patio that makes life much more convenient (unless you want to shop).
- Vege heads, beware. I went for a party so I did not get to experience the full menu, but what was put out was pretty meaty.
- Go for happy hour. It’s everyday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. $5 wine, cocktails and bites.
- Or, brunch!
Ugh, I can’t continue this post anymore. I gotta go get some South African grub. Buh-bye!