We’re huge fitness fanatics at It’s Not Hou It’s Me. We don’t shy away from a 5am cycle class. We thrive in a hot yoga sweat sesh, and we love exploring the ins and outs of Houston running trails. In keeping with our enthusiasm for the Houston area and passion for staying fit and healthy, It’s Not Hou It’s Me is very excited to announce a partnership with the Women’s Quarter Marathon. This women-only race is shaping up to be an empowering, refreshing way to kick off the new year. Save the date for January 7, 2017 in Katy, Texas and read on for 10 reasons why you should register today!
- Crush your New Year’s Resolutions. If you want to start off the new year on the right foot (literally!) what better way to kick start your fitness goals than with an empowering and motivating race!
- Girl power! If you get discouraged in the weight section of the gym because you’re the only women, be rest assured that won’t happen here. Grab your mom, your sister, your roommate and your whole girl squad because this race is for women only!
- The holidays happened. Celebrate a little to hard? Drink one too many glasses of egg nog? Same here. Luckily the this race is scheduled perfectly after all the holiday festivities. So crossing that finishing line will be even more satisfying than that
second,third piece of pumpkin pie you enjoyed.
- The weather is going to be gorgeous. Trust me. As someone who has ran two half marathons in Houston and is training for her third, January is the best month to go for a run in Texas.
- A quarter half marathon is the perfect distance. Totaling at just 6.55 miles, this race is a delightfully manageable distance for runners and non-runners alike! You don’t even have to run. So long as you finish it in 2.5 hours or less you’re golden. (However, if you do want to get in some practice runs before the race, check out our list of 12 Beautiful PLaces to Run in Houston. ) Personally, I’m pretty excited for this race because it’s the weekend before the Houston Marathon and the distance for this race is perfect for tapering before the big day.
- Special Mini-Quarter Marathon! If you know someone who is 12 or under, there is a special race that’s just 1.25 miles in length (that’s a quarter of a quarter marathon!).
- Plan a GNO staycation. The Homewood Suite by Hilton in Katy is offering discounted rooms for race participants. So if mornings aren’t your thing, you want to #treatyoself, or are looking to make elite status on your Hilton Honors program, this might just be the perk for you! Read more here.
- Mimosa and Beer bar at the end. You get two tickets to this little slice of heaven. If that’s not motivation to run faster (and sign up right now!) then I don’t know what is.
- Race day swag. Not only do you get fun stuff like a finisher’s medal, but you get a fancy af shirt from tasc Performance….plus there may be some fun It’s Not Hou It’s Me swag as well! Stay tuned 🙂
- You can join the It’s Not Hou It’s Me team! Because we’re all about women empowerment and being stronger together, we’ve created a special team just for It’s Not Hou It’s Me followers! Register here and get $5 off if you sign up for the “It’s Not Hou It’s Me Squad.” If you register by December 9, 2016 you’ll get a special team bib!
BONUS! If you use promo code ITSNOTHOUITSME2016 you can get an additional $5 off your registration! So if you join our team + use the promo code that’s $10 off!
Be sure to sign up early! The race course caps at 1500 people and spots fill up quickly!