I’m one of those people who rarely gets a haircut. It’s a thing I do maybe once or twice a year. I’ve always grown my hair long, then chopped it all off in a semi impulsive decision. (I also have been known to do this type of decision in regards to hair color, oops).
The reason for my inconsistent haircuts is pretty simple: I just don’t like getting haircuts. It’s usually a stressful experience. You’re at a fast-paced, busy salon full of other people and you’re getting escorted from the waiting area, to a neck-hurting sink to finally a hair dusted chair where then your fate is decided — will it be too short? Were layers a mistake? AHHHHHH.
Enter: Birds Barbershop. While Birds can’t solve all my haircut annoyances, they definitely made the experience enjoyable.
Here are 8 things to know before you go:
- You get Shiner. Is this not the most important thing to know? Answer: it is. Birds has a partnership with Shiner (Go Texas) and serves complimentary beer to customers. Such a great deal. They got the original, Shiner Light Blonde and a seasonal (right now it’s Cheer!).
- Barbershops are for girls too. Is it just me that thought all barbershops were for guys; hairdressers are for girls? I’m not sure if that’s universal, but Birds welcomes broads.
- Birds originated in Austin, so that’s why it feels too cool for you. But don’t worry — the Birds staff doesn’t rub it in.
- The barbershop was converted from an old laundromat. It feels very retro, and Birds embraced that feeling.
- You get $5 off your next haircut from us! You are so welcome.
- It’s next door to Steel City Pops, so that’s a post-cut must.
- Pricing is simple. For the Ladybird, you pay $45 flat. No extra cost for wash or blow dry. You can add on styling a la carte. More here.
- They sell their products! So, you can fall in love.