Planning a New Year or holiday treat? Get yourself into tip-top shape and jump into the new year fresh faced with a rockin bod, luscious hair and healthy nails. Here’s a round up of our favorite spots in Houston to pamper yourself. Plus something for all budgets!
- Hiatus Spa. This is my go to spa for monthly self-care. For about $70 a month you can have a membership that gives you access to a luxurious robes, relaxing sitting room with Aveda tea and fantastic services like signature facials, massages, and my favorite–Body Glow and the upgraded Turkish Delight exfoliating and detox services! Get 20% off your next booking with code ANASTASIAHiatus20. Book here!
- Fiori Spa. It’s rare to find a spa you can literally spend an entire day at, but with its recent renovations, you totally can with Fiori. Book a massage, and arrive early. Take a steam or a soak before your service and then a hot tea in the relaxation room. After your services, book a table at the Ivy Bar and Restaurant. If you need, you can also get *fully* ready to go out in the Spa’s locker room. Literally every product you could ever want is there! Book now.
- Manicure at Paloma Nails. They’re eco-friendly and their salon doesn’t smell like acetone or feet. The salon is also gorgeous and hip and has arguably the cutest decor in the city! Read more.
- Shellac at Q Nails. I’ve never had a manicure stay longer than the shellac at Q Nails. Five weeks later, my manicure was still intact and had no chips. Not sure what they put in the nail polish formula there, but it’s seriously magical! Plus the price point is about $30 which is what you’d get at any other salon and the quality is way better. They also put fabric gloves on your hands before you go under the UV light which adds a nice layer of protection. Read more.
- HydraFacial at Milk + Honey. This luxurious spa in West Ave. launched their new HydraFacial this month and it’s amazing! I did the 60-minute facial which consists of steaming and various extractions using serums, acid (sounds scarier than it actually it is), and antioxidants leaving your face crazy hydrated, cleansed and renewed. The esthetician took before and after pics of my skin and you could totally see the difference, plus for me there was little redness after the session and my makeup went on super smooth later that night. Learn more here! If you’re looking for something a little more relaxing the signature 60-minute facial is also amazing. Read more here.
- Beauty upgrades with Cosmedix. I fell in love with this line last year and feel glamorous, yet responsible, every time I use one of the Cosmedix products. Since I travel so much (on the road 80% of the year), I tend to feel grungy after long days in airports, cabs, gross office spaces. I’ve been traveling with travel sized Cosmedix products for the past few months and it feels like a mini spa day in my hotel every time I use them. I’m a big fan of the Clarity serum and the Emulsion Moisturizer. You can find them at Milk + Honey Spa. Read more.
- Microneedling at Yana Skincare. This was definitely a splurge buy for me but after dealing with acne scars for my entire life I was pretty excited to try out something that delivered results. My first session went well and I look forward to booking a second. You can get microneedling done at many places around town (like plastic surgeons office who charges $100 for a consultation) but this was definitely one of the best priced options at only $200. They also sent me home with a bunch of sample products like moistuerizer, sunscreen, and cleanser to help my skin recover from the procedure. Learn more here.
- Ladybird Haircut at Birds Barbershop. Proving that barbershops and beer aren’t just for the guys. You get a Shiner when you walk in and a fanatic, thoughtful haircut when you walk out. Read more.
- Blow out at the Blown Dry Bar. The next wedding, TV appearance, or big event that I have lined up I will definitely be returning. They styled our hair for a partnership with Macy’s that we did in the spring and I’m still dreaming about those fantastic curls the stylist gave me. As someone with naturally straight thin hair, I love that to them “blow out” doesn’t mean “blow dry straight”. Read more.
- Boozy Haircut at Azur West Salon. Treat yourself to a glamorous spa day at this West Ave. staple. They offer cuts and blow out treatments with all sorts of fun hair serums to try, as well as plenty of complimentary wine to take the edge off. Last time I went I was recovering from a breakup and I was totally feeling the new hair new me vibe. Read more.
- Akasuri Scrub at Sanctuary Spa. If it’s wrong to have a stranger rub salt all over my body, then I don’t want to be right. The 60-minute service felt like a massage meets facial — but for my whole body. It ends with a vichy shower treatment that felt like an out-of-body experience. I’m a die-hard massage girl, but I think my next Sanctuary visit will be a scrub over a massage (though the massage packages are also top knotch!).
- Relaxation session at Float Mizu. Nothing says forget the world and your problems like encasing yourself in a little egg capsule filled with salt water. It sounds trippy, but is relaxing af. Read more.
- Massage at Massage Heights. In preparation for the Houston Half Marathon, I got several sports massages from the location in Washington Heights. The massages weren’t relaxing per se (although they do offer those options as well!) but the massages were game changers for my training. Each masseuse I got took his job seriously and went to town on all the knots I’ve developed in my calves, feet and hips. I also got tips on how to stretch out my IT band and use a baseball to relieve tension in my feet arches. Massage Heights team provided incredibly helpful tips and massage sessions that made crossing that final finish line all the more possible. Learn more here!
Where’s your favorite spa or salon to go to treat yourself in Houston?