Last weekend, we were running 6.55 miles in 20-degree weather, so, a 5K (in what will surely be warmer weather and will also include music and color) on Feb. 25 ain’t seeming like a bad deal. Grab your friends and plan on a wild and messy Saturday morning.
We love running (apparently enough to do that WQM on icy roads), and we’re jumping at the opportunity to do another one — this time, bring on the paint.
6 things to know before you do the Color in Motion 5K:
- You get $$$ off when you use our code “itsnothou.” It’s only a few bucks, but every bit counts, right? And at $20.17, tickets are pretty cheap (price until Jan. 17!)
- Your ticket donates to the charity partner is Girls on the Run, which is a transformational learning program for 8 to 13 year-old girls that teaches life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and, you guessed it, running.
- We’re sponsors! Come for us… and run WITH us.
- You gotta wear white. We’re painting, and you’re the canvas. It’s abstract.
- It’s at the Sam Houston Race Track. May or may not be racing with horses. Ok. 100% not. JK maybe. OK not. Maybe. No, not. Anyways, parking should be fine! It’s a huge campus. Just park near the horses. JK. There won’t be horses. Or will there be?!? There won’t be. Unless…
- Your regular ticket gets you everything you need (t-shirt, tattoo, bib, entrance into color bash, finisher medal), but there is a VIP option that also includes sunglasses, bag, headband and a bandana! Boom. Upgrade.
Heads up — there are some affiliate links in here!