Wow, ok. January was a year in and of itself, right? Well, we made it to February. Valentine’s Day is just a minute away — or Galentine’s Day if you’re so inclined. Whether you want dates or friendship, these events are perfect for you and your crew.
- When: Thursday, Feb. 8, 4-7 pm
- Where: The Tasting Room (City Centre)
- Why you should go: A. We’re hosting! Come out to support (we’ll have koozies!). B. Free wine and a workout! Ps. We wrote more deets here!
- When: Thursday, Feb. 8, 6-10 pm
- Where: Silver Street Studios
- Why you should go: All you can eat food and drink samples plus mingling with fellow food and whiskey lovers! Ps: we are doing a ticket giveaway on our Instagram.
3. Bike for Berk
- When: Saturday, Feb. 10, 2 pm
- Where: CycleBar Sawyer Heights or Vintage Park
- Why you should go: A $25 ride goes toward a sweet family who’s baby girl is fighting for her life. More on our friend Madison Payne’s page.
- When: Wednesday, February 14, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Rienzi, 1406 Kirby Drive
- Why you should go: Mix up your romantic evening — skip dinner and drinks and go for art and walking! Tickets are $25 and include a glass of wine.
- When: Feb. 12-22!
- Where: Multiple locations.
- Why you should go: This film festival supports those with special needs. Tickets are $18.
- When Feb 15, 6pm- 8pm
- Where: Rosemont Social Club
- Why you should: You get to network with fabulous young professionals, and raise money for a good cause. Plus, they have a killer line up of raffles from everything from Top Golf to a month of unlimited yoga at Black Swan Yoga to $500 in hair styling and a staycation at the Royal Sonesta complete with a BMW for the weekend. Tickets are $20 presale.
- When: February 24th, 2018, 2:00pm-4:00pm.
- Where: The Rooftop of 150 Sabine Street
- Why you should go: Support the Houston Food Bank with a 45-minute flow and some bites. Tickets are $25.
8. Verizon Town and Country grand opening
- When: February 10, 10 am – 7 pm
- Where: Verizon Town and Country, 600 W Sam Houston Parkway N, Ste 720
- Why you should go: Buy one get one phones, giveaways for Valentine’s Day dinners and bites from Frosted Betty.
More events to check out:
We’ll keep adding to this as we find out cool things going on in H-town!
- East Hampton Sandwich Co. Pop Up. This Dallas sandwich shop is coming to Houston’s Montrose neighborhood full time this spring — but first meet and eat with the restaurant at Kirby Ice House on Feb. 27 from 6 to 9 p.m. Proceeds go to Young Houstonians for Houston Children’s Charity.
- Memphis at TUTS. Loosely based on Memphis disc jockey Dewey Phillips — one of the first white DJs to play black music in the 1950s, this musical played on Broadway from October 19, 2009 to August 5, 2012. Showing at TUTS Feb. 22 to March 4!
- Blue Field Market. Every Sunday from 11-3 on the blue fields of Sports Creek located at 2619 Polk Street, just a couple blocks away from 8th Wonder Brewery. Free yoga at the beginning of the market, live music, bottomless mimosas & a variety of local vendors including produce, jewelry, food, clothing, art & much more!
- Happy Hour and Ping Pong with HTX Outdoors. Providence Heights Bar, 6:30-9:30 on Feb. 15.
- Touch(ed) by Rogue Productions. A timely play on mental health. The production runs from Feb. 16 – March 3, Thursdays – Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. at Studio 101. Studio 101 is located at 1834 Spring St. Houston, TX 77007. They will offer a Pay-What-You-Can night on Feb. 26, 2018 at 7:30pm.
- Goat Yoga in Midtown. No need to drive out to League City for a yoga class with goats (been there, done that). The goats are coming inside the loop on Feb 18 for classes at 9am, 10:30am, 12pm, and 1:30pm. Sign up for classes at goatyogahouston.com for the most interesting downward dog experience of your life!