The FOMO Factory is back open in Houston! This fun, nostalgic instagram play ground has re-opened its doors and is ready for playtime.
This past summer, the Austin transplant closed suddenly after the death of its owner, Rachel. She was a young, bright, and kind person, who suffered from depression that plagued her to the extent that she took her own life. Rachel’s dad shares his daughter’s story a bit on KHOU.
However, with her parent’s consent and consulting, investors have swooped in to reopen Rachel’s dream project.
If you or someone you know needs help, please visit the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
Now, one way to honor Rachel’s memory is DEFINITELY playing around at The FOMO Factory! Here’s alllll the info you need to know before you go!
- There are 17 spaces — 9 new to Houston!
- You get to unleash your inner child, from a goofy “Hello my name is” sticker to the TBT classrooms — who can still fit in a locker? Not me.
- Tickets are $28 for adults for 90-minute sessions.
- $23 per kid — under 3 is free.
- There are adult-only time slots for Wednesday and Thursday from 7 to 9 pm.
- You gotta show up on time! You might lose your spot if not.
- It’s literally IN the Galleria — it’s above the Apple Store.
- Closest parking lot is the Yellow Garage.
- There’s a two-stall restroom for changing. You know you want to bring multiple outfits… 😉
- The lighting is GREAT. While there’s no natural light, I had zero lighting issues at all. FOMO knows their stuff!
- While there’s no end date announced, there are ticket sales THROUGH December! So, it’s here for quite a while!
OK, enough words. I know what you came for… Here are all my photos from the different rooms!
Full disclosure, some of these photos are from the Austin location! But FOMO moved them to Houston. Bing, bang, boom!