October is one of my favorite months! There’s a lot going on all month long because the weather is actually mild enough to go crazy with the outdoor events!
There are a few more Oktoberfest events going on — all have been compiled here! Do not miss these beery exciting events!
- Houston Cooks Cookbook Party: Monday, October 14, from 6 to 9 pm. Join Houston chefs for the launch and celebration of Houston Cooks: Recipes from the City’s Favorite Restaurants and Chefs by Francine Spiering. Meet the author & chefs, get your book signed, and enjoy book bites & bevs, and more! A portion of proceeds benefits Second Servings of Houston. LETS EAT.
- GO ASTROS: Tuesday, October 15, at 3 pm. Game 3 of the ALDS series — Stros play at NYC. LFG! Here are are fave sports bars in town!
- Nat Geo LIVE! Stranger in a Strange Land with Photographer Jodi Cobb: Tuesday, October 15, at 8 p.m. in Jones Hall. Join veteran National Geographic photographer Jodi Cobb on a whirlwind retrospective of her distinguished career, spanning the social and cultural milestones of four decades of global history. MAG TO STAGE.
- GO ASTROS: Wednesday, October 16, at 7 pm. Game 4 of the ALDS series — Stros play at NYC. LFG! Here are are fave sports bars in town!
- Bring on the Bubbly at B&B Butchers: Thursday, October 17, at 6 pm. Wine tasting meets patio party. It’s $65 per person to join and includes all the champagne and food. CLINK, CLINK.
- GO ASTROS: Thursday, October 17, at 7 pm. Game 5 of the ALDS series — Stros play at NYC. LFG! Here are are fave sports bars in town!
- Fall Wine Festival at Brenner’s on the Bayou: Saturday, Oct. 19, 3 to 6 pm. Delicious bites, premiere wines from across the country and live music. Cheers!
- GO ASTROS: Saturday, Oct. 19, at 3 pm. Game 6 of the ALDS series — Stros play at home. LFG! Here are are fave sports bars in town!
- Tacolandia: Saturday, October 19, at Buffalo Bayou Waterworks. All you need to know is there will be tacos and there will be a lot of them. ALL THE TACOS.
- Moonlight Bicycle Ramble: Saturday, Oct. 19 — we ride at midnight. This low-key, badass event entails riding bikes in a group at midnight to raise awareness of bike safety. Seems legit. Oh, yeah, pregame at Saint Arnold’s. Cheers.
- GO ASTROS: Sunday, Oct. 20 at 6:38 pm. Game 6 of the ALDS series — Stros play at home. LFG! Here are are fave sports bars in town!
- Pumpkin patches & fall fests: All around town this month, spots are stocking up on pumpkins and hay. Check out our list of best places for pumpkin patches and fall festivals. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING.
- Texas Renaissance Festival: October 4 through December 1. Here, ye, here ye, all you good lords and ladies. It’s that time of year again! Grab your old fashioned dresses and see you on the faregrounds! RENFESTING.
- OKTOBERFEST! Despite the name indicating that Oktoberfest takes place in October, beer drinking STARTS NOW, Y’ALL! Here’s a guide to Oktoberfesting around town.
- Heights Morning Market: Every Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm in the Heights! SHOP TIL YOU DROP!
- Third Thursday Bingo Nights at Market Square Park: Every 3rd Thursday from May to October. Do you feel lucky, punk? DO YOU?
- Joystix freeplay Friday: First and last Fridays of the month from 9 pm to 2 am. It’s $15 cash to play allllll the arcade games you’ve ever wanted. More.
Later this month
- Scream on the Green: Friday, Oct. 25, from 6 to 10 p.m. The free event features a costume contest (with categories for all ages, as well as best family costume and best dog costume), a film screening, sing-along Scary-oke and DJ Mohawk Steve. The Lake House will serve spooky soft serve, orange colored vanilla ice cream in a cone, for $1.50. BOO.
- Color Factory comes to Houston: Saturday, October 26. The new exhibit will encompass over 20,000 total square feet and is inspired by the colors of Houston, including “NASA Blue”, yellow from the stadium chairs in the Astrodome, brown from the Buffalo Bayou, and pink from the frosting of a Shipley’s Donut. Each room in Color Factory offers a different experience, including installations designed to engage all of the senses – smell, touch, sight, and even taste. MORE COLOR PLEASE!
- Manual Cinema Frankenstein: Wednesday, October 30, at 8 p.m. in Jones Hall. Manual Cinema combines handmade shadow puppetry, cinematic techniques and innovative sound and music to create an immersive visual retelling of Frankenstein for the stage and screen. GET SPOOKED.
Darn, missed these:
- Stimulate Talk at Human HQ. Oct 2 at 6:30pm at Human HQ in the Heights. Join the team for contemplation about the times in your life that make you feel alive. Discuss the thing that leaves you with a sense of belonging and connectedness. Deep conversations and deep connections with new friends! CONNECT ME!
- Greek Fest: Oct. 3 through 6 at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral. Food, drinks, festivities, oh, and shopping. Such an amazing event and for a good cause! Part of the proceeds from the Greek Festival have helped many people through donations to various charitable organizations. OPA!
- LIZZO RETURNS TO HOUSTON: Friday, October 4, at 8 pm at Revention Music Center. Most of you might not know but our girl Lizzo is — sorta — from Houston! She went to UH! 100 PERCENT THAT BITCH.
- Bayou Bends Sip & Stroll: Saturday, October 5, from 4 to 7 pm at Bayou Bend. his year will include a new shopping element with Son of a Sailor. They will have pop-up with items from their fall selection, as well as items with an exclusive design not sold at any of their stores or boutiques. WINE NOT?
- PUMPKIN FEST at Cornelius Nursery: Saturday, October 5, from 9 am to 7 pm. Oh my gord, you cant miss this one. FALL in love with this cute insta-worthy nursery and bring the whole fam. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
- Mumford and Sons and Gang of Youths at Toyota Center: Tuesday, October 8. I lowkey love both of these bands, and if you are going to Mumford, then you cannot sleep on Gang. You are welcome. I WILL NOT WAIT.
- 41st Houston Italian Festival: Thursday, October 10, through Sunday, October 13. Who is ready for carboloading and wine? All hands should be raised, thank you. PASTA TIME.
- Billie Ellish at Toyota Music Center: Thursday, October 10. Catch everyones favorite angsty teen in concert! SEE HER IN A CROWN.
- Cold War Kids at The Rustic: Thursday, October 10, at 7 pm. It’s The Rustic’s bday, and they are partying HARD with one of my favorite bands. SO LA DIVINE.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Live Shadow-Cast at Eureka Heights. Friday, October 11, at 10 pm. A one of a kind screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show with a live shadow-cast. We’re staying open late so that The Royal Mystic Order of Chaos- Rocky Horror Picture Show- Houston, TX can put on a show like no other inside the brewery. PELVIC THRUST.
- oktoBrew Festival: Friday, October 11, in the historic Fifth Ward, at the corner of Clinton Drive and Grove Street. With one hundred percent of the event proceeds benefitting after-school programming in six northeast Houston elementary schools, the free-admission festival features live music performances from local acts Joe Carmouche, Adrenaline, DJ Monstaa and Emcee Chicken Mike. Guests can enter a raffle for the chance to win travel packages from United Airlines, Houston sports memorabilia and restaurant gift cards. Turkey legs, kabobs and locally brewed beer from Anheuser-Busch, Saint Arnold and Spindletap breweries will be available for purchase. SUPPORT LOCAL.
- A Night at Market Square – Dia de Muertos: Saturday, October 12, from 6 pm to 2 am. Honor Hispanic heritage with a traditional Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) party in downtown! Learn more about the significance of this day through art installations and community activities from 6-10PM. The party continues at area venues, restaurants and bars hosting specials and performances until 2AM. VAMOS.
- Bayou City Art Festival Downtown: Saturday and Sunday, October 12 and 13 from 10 am – 6 pm. Support local artists by browsing and buying) some of their works! Save a few bucks and get $12 tickets online! ART YOU EXCITED?
- HARRY POTTER DRAG Brunch at House of Blues: Saturday, October 12, at 10 am. They will put a spell on you — while you drink some strong potions and eat in the Great Hall. WANDS REQUIRED.
- The Kemah Wine Fest: Saturday, October 12th from 2 to 5 p.m. You can sip and sample 72 different wines from 24 wineries while enjoying live music, free wine glasses and prize giveaways! WINE TIME.