The Flower Vault has made its epic return to Houston and it’s something you didn’t even know you needed!
Walls and walls of colorful flowers after a year of contentious campaigning, a problematic (to say the least) pandemic, and political unrest? Yes. I’d like something simple to enjoy and take photos in.
Know before you go:
- Dates and hours: The Flower Vault is open every weekend (Fri-Sun) thru May! Friday is noon-7pm, Saturday is 10am-7pm, and Sunday is noon-6pm.
- Location: The new popup is located inside the brand new MKT! Address is: 600 N Shepherd Drive, Ste. 184. Note: This is a new mixed-use area and its still kinda deserted and under construction. Thankfully, the Flower Vault is right off Shepherd near the other stores.
- Parking: Plenty, right outside!
- Tickets: $20 for an adult, kids under 10 are free, and pets can come for $10 each! ($30 fee for accidents and animal-caused damage). Each ticket gets you 30 minutes.
- Walk-ins? Yes, if not sold out!
- COVID precautions: Limited tickets (only 10 people at a time), masked required for entry and when in the installment when sharing space with people of other parties, and more cleaning. BTW: You’re not really touching things, and it isn’t too crowded!
- Bathroom/changing area: Yes.
- Props? No outside lighting equipment unless prior approval or if you’re renting the whole space. Tripods are allowed, as are smaller props. Any balloon arrangements need to be approved before.
- Rooms/sections: All one space with 7 walls/experiences.
- Lighting: Highly recommend going before 5 pm when the sun starts to set. There are a few flower walls near the front where you get amazing light from outside! Otherwise, there’s ok studio light from above (so some shadows).
- Colors to wear: White or black to stay neutral, or, to blend in or match with a wall: Baby blue, taupe, lavender, bright orange, light pink, magenta, yellow.
My thoughts and experience
Whew, so I had a solid experience! Getting the tickets online was easy peasy (and thanks so much, Flower Vault, for providing free tickets for us!) I didn’t realize with the time change that my 5:30 ticket would be less than idea with the natural lighting nearly gone, but I still wish I had gone earlier — hence my note to go before 5!
Honestly, 30 minutes seems kinda short, but it’s a pretty small space. Even with navigating around the other people (there were five others in with us), we had no problem hitting each set up. I did feel a little rushed, but I think that’s just me. I also felt pretty safe and always had my own space
Value? I think $20 is an OK price. You know what’s even better? $16! Don’t forget to use code “ITSNOTHOUITSME” at checkout!