Houston’s definitely evolved into an incredible city that merges socializing with staying fit with having fun — and the coolest new event coming up is the perfect representation of that. The first Houston Scavenger Hunt was on Saturday, May 11, in Eado, but the organization already has its second event planned for the Heights on August 17. Registration is officially open! Click here to sign up, and stay tuned to their instagram for all the updates.
If the concept itself isn’t convincing enough, here are 9 reasons to play:
- There’s a $1,000 prize. That’s a lot of doll hairs, y’all!
- Or even $500 or $250. Hi, second and third places are still great wins!!
- It’s a workout but you get to drink beer. What a life! It’s definitely an active type of event. You’ll want to dress in athleisure wear and prepare mentally/physically. But after we’re all done, we’ll be cheersing over some drinks!
- It only costs $25 to compete. The cost of entry is pretty darn low — nothing really to lose! Note: It is rain or shine and there’s no refunds. Still, such a low entry fee.
- You can go in costume and win prizes! Teams are 2-4 people, and you can win best costume or best team name for fun prizes!
- You get to learn about an iconic Houston neighborhood. The whole competition takes place around a neighborhood around town — one you might not know too well. Well, you will after this!
- You get to benefit man’s best friend. The benefitting charity is Friends 4 Life, the only no-kill, LEED-certified animal shelter in Houston.
- You’ll meet new people. Yay! New friends!!
- You’ll probably get a It’s Not Houzie. I’ll be out there — and you know what I’ll have with me…. 🙂
Convinced yet? Registration opens next week!
Check out our segment on CW here!