T-MINUS 4 DAYS UNTIL MY HALF MARATHON.
I may or may not be overly confident. See: Facebook Invite to shotgun at the finish line.
Is that a little cocky? Maybe. But I’m all about the hype. I’m also all about cheering sections. I’ve done my part (see my training journey over the past 14 weeks) and now I’m stoked to see what the people cheering my on have in store. It’s gonna be great people watching. I’ve cheered on roommates in friends in half marathons before. I’ve rocked clever signs that say “Happy #Caturday” and “Natalie is Good at Sports” and “Run like the Wind Bullseye” and “Run Forrest Run.” But I’ve also seen some pretty clever ones out on the track. Some of my favorites that I’ve heard of include:
- You can’t spell twerk without werk
- Hop to it bitches (held by a woman in a pink bunny suit)
- Why do all the pretty ones run away
- You think this is hard? Try growing out bangs
- Run now. Wine later.
- Run faster! Channing Tatum just ran by!
- Slow Down! I’m trying to count everyone
- The end is near (held by Grimm Reaper)
- Go! Random Stranger! Go!
- 35,000 people running without being chased
- Don’t stop! People are watching
- Forget the race, forget the pace, let’s go out an drink a case (new mantra)
- Run like you stole something
- Run like its the start of the hunger games
- Chuck Norris never ran a marathon
- Keep going! Keep going! (That’s what she said)
- Smile. Remember you paid to do this.
- 13.1 miles because you’re only half crazy
- Smile if you peed a little
- Could be worse. You could be doing burpees.
- Each of you is a beauty who runs like a beast.
- Hurry up so we can drink (<–my friends)
- No time for Walken [accompanied by pic of Christopher Walken]
- Ah I love the smell of 25,000 runners in the morning.
- You run better than the government
- I don’t know about you. But I’m feeling 26.2 (lol)
- Mortuary 1 block ahead. Look alive!
If those aren’t motivation I don’t know what is. Pretty excited to see what The Woodlands Marathon has in store. They even have a cheer challenge that gives out prizes. I expect lots of body paint, cowbells and drunk people at 9am in the morning. Is that too much to ask?