When you want to freshen up your yoga game and feel like walls, ceiling, and your regular classmates are cramping your style, check out these five yoga classes that are perfect for breaking through your namaste rut.
- Discovery Green: Nothing channels inner peace like getting in touch with the great outdoors (in the middle of a big ole city). Bring your mat and grab a spot on the hill or the Bud Light Stage at Discovery Green in downtown Houston and get your downward dog on for free! Classes are on Tuesdays at 6:30pm and Saturdays at 9:00am. Find out more here.
- Yoga & Hops at 8th Wonder Brewery: Wash down your vinyasa sequence with some refreshing local brews courtesy of 8th Wonder Brewery. On Wednesdays at 7:00 pm, $20 gets you a class and 3 beer tokens in the beautifully renovated outdoor patio in EaDo. Learn more here.
- Breakfast Yoga Club: Each month, yogis gather to practice at unique locations across the city. The classes are two hours long and lead by multiple instructors from local Houston studios and finishes with a light breakfast. I love this group because the location is always changing and has included the Rienzi House Gardens (check out my thoughts here!), Hermann Park, Asia Society Center. Find out where the next monthly meet up is going to be here.
- SUP Yoga: Summer is coming which means that SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Yoga is here!! Take your practice to the next level and play with classic poses while balancing on a paddleboard. The classes are for all levels of yoga (so don’t be intimated!) and held on 228 Lake. They are taught by BIG Power Yoga instructors and begin March 26. Learn more and sign up here!
- lululemon: This might sound a little bizarre, but lululemon has free yoga classes every Sunday morning at 11:00am before the store opens up. They push back the clothing racks and bring in teachers from around the city to lead classes. They also provide mats! If you’ve ever thought about investing in one of their mats, be sure to check out one of their classes and try them out! View the teaching schedule for your local store here under “Community Events.”
Pingback: 10 Things to Know Before You Go to Yoga at Raven Tower | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog
Pingback: 10 Things to Know Before You Go to BIG SUP Yoga | It's Not Hou It's Me | Houston Lifestyle, Food and Culture Blog