I think it’s extremely safe to say that neither of us ever thought we’d be here four years ago. Truly. I specifically remember the time we spent at Anastasia’s Midtown apartment dining room table and, while I’d love to have some sort of story like, “we knew we were creating something real — something that’ll change the city” moment, we had no freaking clue. We were just really into wine, cat-themed parties, Taylor Swift and quoting Iliza Shlesinger comedy specials.
While all those things are still true, we know now what we have with It’s Not Hou It’s Me is pretty dang special, and we’re so happy to have you along for the ride. Our 4th year was pretty dang special. Let’s discuss.
This year, we got to…
- Go to freaking GERMANY — we can’t not start with that. Our partnership with our Sister City of Leipzig was so special and took our lil blog baby international!
- Be your mural guides. Be your beer guides. Be your events guides. Be your neighborhood guides. Be your live music guides. Be your poke guides. Be your cycle guides. Be your pasta guides.
- Smash sh*t.
- Have our first OF MANY Koozie Contest!
- Give back as a big and with Dressember.
- Show you the green and blue trees!
- Work out allll around town.
- Get trippy at Day for Night!
- See snow!!
- + So so so so much more!
Now, moving on from the mushy stuff — let’s talk about the party we had!!!
Special thanks to our partners:
- Young Houstonians for Houston Children’s Charity as our raffle partner — we raised $1700 for local children in need!
- Lyft, who gave our party goers safe rides home.
- Eight Row Flint for hosting our LARGE crowd.
- Tiff’s Treats for feeding said large crowd
- Life of the Party for the photo booth.
- Our high school alumni group for encouraging alums to come support!
- All the partners who donated the 20+ raffle items! (Scroll to the bottom for shout outs to those folks!)
- Plus, special thanks to our photographer Kevin Dai
FOMO? Check out some of our fave pix from the party!
Here are all our raffle partners — thanks a ton, everyone!
- Hotel Alessandra Houston
- LCRA Parks and Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
- Emerson Rose
- Alice and Chains Bespoke Jewelry
- Rose Brow Lounge
- SWEAT 1000 Houston Heights
- People of Memorial Park
- Method Pilates
- Vortex Texas
- Eight Row Flint
- Uchi Houston
- Tiff’s Treats
- The Union Kitchen – Memorial
- Rooftop Cinema Club
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat – Houston
- Fiori Spa and Ivy Bar & Bistro
- Houston Grand Opera
- Lanson B. Jones & Co.